Where it has been introduced, CLTS has been integrated with other development initiatives. Besides ending open defecation, the focus is on a more comprehensive package which includes wastewater management, solid waste disposal, overall hygiene and more. The approach has also been modified in some countries to ‘School-led Total Sanitation (SLTS)’, whereby schools are the prime drivers in achieving ODF status. This has widened the spread of CLTS and its impact, both among adults and children. Plan, Water Aid and UNICEF have become important disseminators and champions of CLTS. Today, it is present in many countries in Asia, Africa, Latin America, the Middle East and Africa. In sub-Saharan Africa, it has taken root in 28 countries and gained the support of decision makers and professionals, who have recognised it as a successful, cost-effective approach and have issued a declaration to urge governments to take more decisive steps to ensure ODF environments among local communities.
How many times do you visit Sanitation Updates per month?
- Re: [Wg4] Working Group 4 meeting at FSM in Chennai - meeting details - by: Eddy251 February 19, 2017Hello Esther, I arrived Chennai early this morning and would attend the meeting. Regards, Eddy
- Re: Meeting of Working Group 1 at the FSM4 Conference in Chennai, India (between the 19th and 23rd of February) - by: Eddy251 February 19, 2017I am attending. Regards, Eddy
- Re: Emptying of sludge - How can we know the consistency of the fecal sludge during the emptying if it can be pumped or not? - by: JKMakowka February 19, 2017Yeah, but the original question was not very detailed to begin with, and I guess the original poster should first clarify what he/she was referring to before expecting someone to spend time to write more than the general answer I provided.
- LIST OF COMPANIES COMMITTED TO TH WATER MANDATE - by: ossai February 18, 2017WE ARE WORKING WITH A STATE GOVERNMENT IN NIGERIA TO IMPROVE WATER AND SANITATION IN THE TERTIARY INSTITUTIONS. HOWEVER, THE STATE GOVERNMENT LACKS THE REQUIRED FUND TO IMPLEMENT SOME OF THE KEY OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAM. THEREFORE, WE ARE LOOKING AT THE POSSIBILITY TO TAP THE POWER OF THE PRIVATE SECTOR WITH RETURNS RANGING FROM BRANDING OF THE FACILITIES T […]
- Re: Emptying of sludge - How can we know the consistency of the fecal sludge during the emptying if it can be pumped or not? - by: goeco February 18, 2017Isn't the question more about methods for determining at what consistency sludge is "pumpeable" and at what point it is not, rather than generalisations about the system it came from? Wouldn't this depend on the equipment used? In my view would be nice to have input from participants representing innovations taking place in this area... t […]
- Re: [Wg4] Working Group 4 meeting at FSM in Chennai - meeting details - by: Eddy251 February 19, 2017
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites