Where it has been introduced, CLTS has been integrated with other development initiatives. Besides ending open defecation, the focus is on a more comprehensive package which includes wastewater management, solid waste disposal, overall hygiene and more. The approach has also been modified in some countries to ‘School-led Total Sanitation (SLTS)’, whereby schools are the prime drivers in achieving ODF status. This has widened the spread of CLTS and its impact, both among adults and children. Plan, Water Aid and UNICEF have become important disseminators and champions of CLTS. Today, it is present in many countries in Asia, Africa, Latin America, the Middle East and Africa. In sub-Saharan Africa, it has taken root in 28 countries and gained the support of decision makers and professionals, who have recognised it as a successful, cost-effective approach and have issued a declaration to urge governments to take more decisive steps to ensure ODF environments among local communities.
- Condominial Sewerage in Brazil - by: F H Mughal April 22, 2018Dear Ms. Grace, Thank you for your kind help. I'll contact Mr. Neder for more information. This is an interesting topic. Regards, F H Mughal
- great new behaviour change website! - by: kharallaxman April 21, 2018Thanks. This looks good.
- Condominial Sewerage in Brazil - by: gracebeeler April 21, 2018Also, I am working with two Brazilian engineers who have developed a 5 day hands on course on how to do condominial. They can teach it in Spanish and Portuguese, but we are hoping to create an English language version. As well, there is a free software for condominial design which will be available in English, Spanish and Portuguese. It will be ready soon, p […]
- Menstrual Hygiene Management in Schools in South Asia - by: F H Mughal April 21, 2018Menstrual Hygiene Management in Schools in South Asia A summary report of WaterAid and UNICEF on Menstrual Hygiene Management in Schools in South Asia, is absorbing and inspiring. The report gives snapshots of 8 countries reviewing the status of MHM (menstrual hygiene management) in schools. The 8 countries are Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldive […]
- Condominial Sewerage in Brazil - by: F H Mughal April 22, 2018