Where it has been introduced, CLTS has been integrated with other development initiatives. Besides ending open defecation, the focus is on a more comprehensive package which includes wastewater management, solid waste disposal, overall hygiene and more. The approach has also been modified in some countries to ‘School-led Total Sanitation (SLTS)’, whereby schools are the prime drivers in achieving ODF status. This has widened the spread of CLTS and its impact, both among adults and children. Plan, Water Aid and UNICEF have become important disseminators and champions of CLTS. Today, it is present in many countries in Asia, Africa, Latin America, the Middle East and Africa. In sub-Saharan Africa, it has taken root in 28 countries and gained the support of decision makers and professionals, who have recognised it as a successful, cost-effective approach and have issued a declaration to urge governments to take more decisive steps to ensure ODF environments among local communities.
- SuSanA Behaviour Change Global Webinar Series: Part 2 (30th May, 13:00 BST London time) - by: arno May 31, 2018And here is the PPT presentation from the webinar for download (three files). Introduction This attachment is hidden for guests.Please log in or register to see it. A (Assess) step - Mapping What is Known and Unknown This attachment is hidden for guests.Please log in or register to see it. B (Build) step - Formative Research This attachment is hidden for gue […]
- SuSanA Behaviour Change Global Webinar Series: Part 2 (30th May, 13:00 BST London time) - by: arno May 30, 2018Here is the recording from today's webinar. Regards
- Publications on Impacts of Heatwaves on Water and Sanitation - by: F H Mughal May 30, 2018Publications on Impacts of Heatwaves on Water and Sanitation Karachi and other cities of Sindh, Pakistan, are currently massive heatwave, with temperatures around 46-49 degrees C. The other day, temperature in Larkana and Nawabshah (cities in Sindh) was whooping 51 degrees C. Can anyone guide me on the publications on the impacts of heatwaves on water (drink […]
- General Data Protection Regulation - by: F H Mughal May 30, 2018Dear Ms Franziska, That is great! Thanks for giving a simple solution. And, I have just done that - - what you have suggested!! Kindly check at your end. Regards, F H Mughal
- SuSanA Behaviour Change Global Webinar Series: Part 2 (30th May, 13:00 BST London time) - by: conniebenjamin May 30, 2018Thanks to Om and Bob for the great presentations, and thanks to those who attended for the lively discussion! You can find the tools and resources mentioned in the presentation here: www.lshtm.ac.uk/bcd in particular on the resources page here: www.lshtm.ac.uk/bcd#resources Recording and presentation will be posted in this thread. Please continue to ask any […]
- SuSanA Behaviour Change Global Webinar Series: Part 2 (30th May, 13:00 BST London time) - by: arno May 31, 2018