What type of content is most useful for you?
- Toilet Parliament - by: PrabhatMisra October 20, 2017Toilet Parliament India is home to the world’s largest population of people who defecate in the open. According to UNICEF, in India more than half of the population defecate in open which is 59% of the 1.1 billion people in the world who practise open defecation. We are living in the 21st Century, the Century Of Climate Change. With the rise of mean global t […]
- Free MOOC “Introduction to Public Health Engineering in Humanitarian Contexts” - by: shobana October 20, 2017Hi Amy, Aren't the courseera courses no longer 'free'? One could get the course materials for free but users have to pay for their certificates and submit assignments. Best, Shobana
- World Toilet Day event in London (seeking venue) - by: TheLooLady October 20, 2017I am currently working with Shawn Shafner of The POOP Project. During the week around World Toilet Day the documentary 'FLUSH' will be made available for free screenings in private and public settings (More info on the film below) I would like to organize a showing in London either on Friday the 17th or Sunday the 19th November. I have no budget fo […]
- Are you interested in Oxfam's work on Sanitation? - by: eshaylor October 20, 2017Hello, Just to let you know the newsletter is due out on Monday so if you want to sign up make sure you get round to it over the weekend. Just follow this link and fill in the relevant information. http://oxfam.us13.list-manage2.com/subscribe?u=d5c5ab11b8f413227ee550136&id=99df04a64chttp://oxfam.us13.list-manage2.com/subscribe?u=d5c5ab11b8f413227ee550136 […]
- Hepatitis A Disease: Directly Related to Sanitary Conditions - by: F H Mughal October 20, 2017Dear Ms. Carol, Thanks for posting such an interesting data. What is puzzling for me is that, while it is common in rural areas of Sindh province (Pakistan) to have HIV infections, due to unhygienic practices and conditions, how are these occurring in the advanced country like US? The Global Burden of Disease (Not of WHO, but of US), says that in 2016, in US […]
- Toilet Parliament - by: PrabhatMisra October 20, 2017