- USAID WASH and Nutrition Webinar - by: campbelldb May 28, 2015WASH and Nutrition Webinar - Overcoming undernutrition is a great challenge that will require both WASH and nutrition interventions. USAID's Elizabeth Jordan and Katherine Dennison discuss the connection between undernutrition and lack of access to water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) services and highlight opportunities for integrated programming to ac […]
- Re: Please help me with a global survey: how common are squatting toilets in your country? - by: lifefdn May 28, 2015In Pakistan,in urban areas there are 80% of squatting toilets in private homes and are 70% of squatting toilets in public buildings. In rural areas,overall there are 5% of squatting toilets both in in private homes and public buildings. There is increase in percentage of the users of toilets over time. Most common is anal cleansing with water but hand washin […]
- Re: New Publication- Container-based sanitation: assessing costs and effectiveness of excreta management in Cap Haitien, Haiti - by: stilmans May 28, 2015Hi Genevieve, here are some quick responses: 1) Do you know of any examples of CBS that accommodate anal cleansing with water? In the specific example of CBS household level toilets there is no good example that I am aware of that accommodates anal cleansing with water. It is something that we as well as others are thinking about and consider it to be an imp […]
- May 28 WASHplus Weekly on Menstrual Hygiene Management - by: campbelldb May 28, 2015This WASHplus Weekly focuses on issues related to menstrual hygiene management (MHM) and is well-timed, as May 28 is Menstrual Hygiene Day. Menstrual Hygiene Day is meant to serve as a platform to bring together individuals, organizations, social businesses, and the media to create a united and strong voice for women and girls around the world, helping to br […]
- Re: 28 May is MH Day - Let's end the hesitation around menstruation - And new Wikipedia article - by: muench May 28, 2015Dear Petra, Thanks for this hint. Could you please help me out by telling me which statements, examples or facts should be taken onboard in the Wikipedia article (and then with which citation from the articles in that Waterlines issue)? That's better than providing just another general link under Further Reading. One of the articles in that journal deal […]
- USAID WASH and Nutrition Webinar - by: campbelldb May 28, 2015
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites