What type of content is most useful for you?
- New SATO Connection System for Twin-Pit Pour Flush Latrines - by: goeco August 19, 2017Given the number of these being constructed, seems timely to call into question the design and operating principles. To me they look less than adequate. The diverter itself is great... but it leaves the rest of the technology dragging behind. I see no improvement in the 2012 manual to the 1984 twin pit design... Perhaps because the design is well proven? Nev […]
- Call for specific small-scale / decentralised sewage treatment plant case studies and contacts in India - by: goeco August 19, 2017Thanks Elisabeth for plugging this thread, which I was unaware of. Lukas,We are now at a point where we have a good number of some of the most common treatment technologies assessed (activated sludge, SBR, MBBR, DEWATS) Should you be discussing products rather than technologies? Different products use the same technologies, but some are more innovative and t […]
- Call for specific small-scale / decentralised sewage treatment plant case studies and contacts in India - by: muench August 18, 2017Dear Lukas, I was just looking over older, unanswered forum threads, and found your thread from May. Did you get some responses for this or does it require another "plug" to make people aware of it? Lukas is looking to "find and get access to units of more specific and innovative technologies on the Indian territory". And he wrote: " […]
- The Sludge Digger, coming to Nairobi - by: dandreatta August 18, 2017In the past I've promoted the Sludge Digger, a bucket-based device to empty pit latrines, septic tanks, and similar pits. It picks up the trash as well as sludge, works in thick or thin sludge, and can handle deep pits. A video of an early version is at: or do a search for Dale Andreatta. The device has been improved to include a telescoping handle that […]
- New SATO Connection System for Twin-Pit Pour Flush Latrines - by: goeco August 19, 2017