What type of content is most useful for you?
- Call for specific small-scale / decentralised sewage treatment plant case studies and contacts in India - by: goeco August 24, 2017Hi Lukas, Innovative is not necessarily superior in my view. Depends on whether you see innovation as just introducing a new method, or the application of better solutions. We are categorizing by technologies/processes, and then including different products per technology... Different engineering companies simply sell sewage treatment plants (STPs) as their […]
- New SATO Connection System for Twin-Pit Pour Flush Latrines - by: goeco August 24, 2017Michal, I would be surprised that the carbon component of urea is 40% of the total carbon in our excreta. Feces are relatively high in carbon and the C/N ratio is pretty good for decomposition. Add pure urine and the nitrogen to carbon ratio goes through the roof. Everybody, The point I have been making all along is that with some simple modifications the de […]
- New SATO Connection System for Twin-Pit Pour Flush Latrines - by: MichalKulak August 23, 2017Hello Pawan, It is absolutely true. In our study, we looked at the twin pit system as a case study but this concerns all simple anaerobic toilet systems, including single pit latrine. I am not sure methane can be sequestered in the ground by the lack of ventilating pipe. My worry is that it is escaping somewhere. It would be good to verify the estimates with […]
- New SATO Connection System for Twin-Pit Pour Flush Latrines - by: pkjha August 23, 2017Dear Michal Emission of methane is from all toilets based on anaerobic condition like Septic tanks, single or two pit toilet, Shankar Balram toilet, ABR, Anaerobic filter, and Ecosan Toilet. It is not only Twin pit toilet where methane is formed. In case of twin pit toilet, there is no vent pipe and produced gases are not directly emitted in atmosphere. Such […]
- WG2 Meeting ~Stockholm~Monday 28th August~3.30pm to 5.30pm All welcome - by: ruthmiskelly August 23, 2017Working Group 2 (Market Development) members, Do you agree that the WASH sector will only achieve the SDGs through partnership at all levels? Are you committed to sharing your sanitation knowledge to directly support sector actors on the ground? If the answers to the above are “Yes” please come along to the WG 2 meeting being held ahead of Stockholm World […]
- Call for specific small-scale / decentralised sewage treatment plant case studies and contacts in India - by: goeco August 24, 2017