How many times do you visit Sanitation Updates per month?
- sanitation - by: tacshiir May 28, 2017hi
- Public cassete dry toilet in Kiev - by: Ecowaters May 27, 2017The crates are lined with porous geotextile lining? Don't let the crates fill too high or they will be very heavy to remove, even after composting, I know this from experience. I suspect this system will emanate odor. Worms do not like the ammonia (or something else) of urine, but if they can get away from it, it can work. I imagine you'll want a m […]
- A public urinal for women that is also a beautiful flowering garden - by: Ecowaters May 27, 2017Chris, make a prototype and invite women to use it, then tell us how it's working. I find this is the only way to know the viability of a design and understand how to improve it. Laurent's urinal works differently.
- What can we reliably say about pathogen removal with vermifilters? - by: muench May 26, 2017Walter Gibson (Bear Valley Venture) sent me another input by e-mail which I am copying below (I would say it is quite inline with what I said in my post just before this post): +++++++++++++ Hi Elisabeth, I think the first thing to make clear is that we do not see the main purpose of the Tiger Toilet to be the production of compost for use on soil. In fact w […]
- Developing Markets for Sanitation: A Blog Series - by: campbelldb May 26, 2017iDE posted an interesting blog series yesterday on Sanitation Updates . Developing Markets for Sanitation: A Blog Series In response to the growing prevalence of market-based approaches to sanitation, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation convened a meeting between three leading sanitation development practitioners—iDE, PSI, and Water for People—to discuss […]
- sanitation - by: tacshiir May 28, 2017