New Delhi promised to build hundreds of public toilets for the 2010 Commonwealth Games. Only 9 were built, and none of them are functioning. This short report from Al Jazeera’s Sohail Rahman highlights the fact that over 50 per cent of Indians have no access to clean toilets. It focuses on the lack of facilities in India’s growing cities and in schools. The report features rural development minister Jairam Ramesh, the inevitable Bindeshwar Pathak of Sulabh International and UNICEF India’s Suzanne Coates.
- Volunteering Position as WASH Coordinator in rural Dominican Republic - by: KrisKreter May 24, 2018Dear all, Here I leave you a description of a Volunteering Position as WASH Coordinator in rural areas in the Dominican Republic: Volunteering Position as WASH Coordinator, rural Dominican Republic About the need The municipality of Baitoa is located in the Dominican Republic’s northern province of Santiago and is home to approximately 14,000 people. The are […]
- A New Technique to Purify River Water for Use in Rural Communities - by: F H Mughal May 24, 2018Roughing filters are not used for wastewater management. The name of the publication is: Surface Water Treatment by Roughing Filters Regards, F H Mughal
- Excreta disinfection - by: F H Mughal May 24, 2018Dear Elisabeth, The book, nevertheless, is interesting. I like the publication. The lead author is Daniele Lantagne of Tufts University, a great name in the field of WASH. Regards, F H Mughal
- Excreta disinfection - by: muench May 24, 2018Dear Mughal, This book chapter (in open access format) - which is linked to from the GWPP newsletter - might answer some of your questions, I think: www.waterpathogens.org/book/emergency-response It gives some examples for disinfection in emergency responses for the diseases of Ebola and Cholera. E.g. it says: two novel in situ treatment/disinfectant systems […]
- SANIRESCH - New Integrated Content on the SuSanA Website - by: muench May 24, 2018Dear Ainul, Thanks for this, it's a good move to integrate that content so that it can be found from within the SuSanA library in future. In hindsight, I wonder if it was worth the effort to set up a separate website for the 3-year SANIRESCH project (I was at the time at GIZ when this project was carried out by Martina Winker who was in my team). I reme […]
- Volunteering Position as WASH Coordinator in rural Dominican Republic - by: KrisKreter May 24, 2018