New Delhi promised to build hundreds of public toilets for the 2010 Commonwealth Games. Only 9 were built, and none of them are functioning. This short report from Al Jazeera’s Sohail Rahman highlights the fact that over 50 per cent of Indians have no access to clean toilets. It focuses on the lack of facilities in India’s growing cities and in schools. The report features rural development minister Jairam Ramesh, the inevitable Bindeshwar Pathak of Sulabh International and UNICEF India’s Suzanne Coates.
- Re: How should we call the excreta-derived product of a composting toilet or a UDDT? Do we need a new term? - by: CompostEra July 23, 2016A typical large composting toilet has two end-products: one is a liquid derived processed from urine and the other is a solid "composted feces". Having operated serviced and tested both from a larger long-term processing system for almost 50 years, my sense is that the liquid accumulating is more consistently safe because of the salt content. In th […]
- Skeletal Fluorosis, What aggravates it and what makes fluoride in the water that you drink to go crazy in your body and lead to bone deformity? - by: VikasR July 23, 2016What makes fluoride play around in your body and aggravate? Does a standardized, universal bench mark of 1.5 ppm of fluoride per liter in water hold good? are there other reasons that need to be factored in? Questions in your mind, yes? Ok, lets start things off; The reason for Fluorosis is High levels of fluoride in drinking water supplies and in food grown […]
- The latest posts to Sanitation Updates - by: campbelldb July 22, 2016Below are titles of the latest posts to Sanitation Updates. Some important reports and resources include: - A useful overview of the WASH situation in Africa by the Institute for Security Studies, Refreshing Africa’s future: prospects for achieving universal WASH access by 2030 - A just published WSUP brief - Improving the quality of public toilet services i […]
- Re: How should we call the excreta-derived product of a composting toilet or a UDDT? Do we need a new term? - by: KaiMikkel July 22, 2016DaveBates - When I wrote, "Finally, a positive meaning for the term "human resources"!", I was referring to the fact that most interactions with human resources (as you and I both understand the traditional meaning of the term) can be so mind-numbingly negative. I too hail from the U.S., but your post points out to me how I should have be […]
- Re: New strategy stops pollution and saves the plant nutrients for future recovery (new Smart Toilet from Sweden, a new type of composting toilet) - by: clint July 22, 2016Hola Elizabeth, Thank you so much for helping me in "Quoting" the source. You are exactly correct where I quoted the information. More than helpful!! Pura Vida, Clint
- Re: How should we call the excreta-derived product of a composting toilet or a UDDT? Do we need a new term? - by: CompostEra July 23, 2016
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites