New Delhi promised to build hundreds of public toilets for the 2010 Commonwealth Games. Only 9 were built, and none of them are functioning. This short report from Al Jazeera’s Sohail Rahman highlights the fact that over 50 per cent of Indians have no access to clean toilets. It focuses on the lack of facilities in India’s growing cities and in schools. The report features rural development minister Jairam Ramesh, the inevitable Bindeshwar Pathak of Sulabh International and UNICEF India’s Suzanne Coates.
How many times do you visit Sanitation Updates per month?
- Re: Take part in edit-a-thon on 19-20 March (and before) to improve Wikipedia for Public Awareness, Advocacy and Civil Society Engagement - by: njambilucy February 23, 2017Yes
- Effect of filter media thickness on the performance of sand drying beds used for faecal sludge management - by: MusaManga February 23, 2017The effect of sand filter media thickness on the performance of faecal sludge (FS) drying beds was determined in terms of: dewatering time, contaminant load removal efficiency, solids generation rate, nutrient content and helminth eggs viability in the dried sludge. A mixture of ventilated improved pit latrine sludge and septage in the ratio 1:2 was dewatere […]
- Re: To Working Group 5 members: join edit-a-thon on 19-20 March (and before) to improve Wikipedia for food security and productive sanitation - by: Alka February 23, 2017Dear Linus, I am writing to register for edit-a-thon for the theme 'food security and productive sanitation' Thanks, Alka
- Re: Working Group 11 (groundwater) members: please take part in edit-a-thon on 19-20 March (and before) to improve Wikipedia for groundwater - by: Carol McCreary February 23, 2017Hi Leif, Yes. Translation is so important. And while Wikipedia articles are not academic, they need to reference and cite expert literature in any language. As for translation, let's think about what we can do in conjunction with the Edit-a-thon. I have a couple of ideas but am unsure of the best way to move them forward. First, we can ask Forum members […]
- Re: RE: [Wg11] Groundwater enthousiasts: Join the edit-a-thon on 19-20 March (and before) to improve Wikipedia - by: muench February 22, 2017Dear Leif, Your suggestion about other language Wikipedias is a good one! Most people probably don't realise: but you can check which other language versions already exist by looking at the left of the Wikipedia article. E.g. when you look at the article on groundwater (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Groundwater), look on the left hand side and you will see that […]
- Re: Take part in edit-a-thon on 19-20 March (and before) to improve Wikipedia for Public Awareness, Advocacy and Civil Society Engagement - by: njambilucy February 23, 2017
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites