New Delhi promised to build hundreds of public toilets for the 2010 Commonwealth Games. Only 9 were built, and none of them are functioning. This short report from Al Jazeera’s Sohail Rahman highlights the fact that over 50 per cent of Indians have no access to clean toilets. It focuses on the lack of facilities in India’s growing cities and in schools. The report features rural development minister Jairam Ramesh, the inevitable Bindeshwar Pathak of Sulabh International and UNICEF India’s Suzanne Coates.
- Improving Wikipedia article on "Waste stabilization ponds" - by: marcos February 21, 2018Hi again, Elisabeth, Thank you again for your additional editing, and everything looks great to me. I only did minor edits myself, directly in the Wikipedia article. Changed a verb in the section on anaerobic ponds, and clarified a bit more the section on operation, as you had suggested. Hope we are very close to a satisfactory version. Best regards, Marcos […]
- Vermi-Trickling Filters (or vermifilters) for Sewage Treatment (looking for help to design) - by: BPopov February 21, 2018Hello Dean! Could you tell please, how well these fountain pumps you use for the recirculation tolerate particles in the vermidigester/vermifilter leachate? Did you have any problems with pump clogging? Best, Bogdan
- Rethinking rural sanitation - by: BrookeYamakoshi February 21, 2018Hi colleagues, As some of you know, Plan International, UNICEF and WaterAid are carrying out a joint review of rural sanitation approaches, in order to develop more nuanced guidance on how to design, cost and implement programmes. We wanted to share a recent discussion brief that we prepared summarizing the first part of this work, and share a website where […]
- Announcing the Global Handwashing Partnership’s 2017 Annual Report - by: Bijan February 21, 2018The Global Handwashing Partnership (GHP) Annual Report for 2017 is now available. The report covers key accomplishments for the year, including: Celebrating Global Handwashing Day: This year’s Global Handwashing Day focused on the benefits of handwashing in building healthy futures, and participants hosted celebrations in communities, on national levels, and […]
- Online Course for Faecal Sludge Management | free | enrolling now | starting 1 February 2018 - by: KRISWASH February 21, 2018Please Aimee, kindly include me in any workshop or free training involving sludge treatment, WASH, Circular economy and related topics. I just joined the forum today-is there any chance i can still be enrolled in the sludge treatment workshop?
- Improving Wikipedia article on "Waste stabilization ponds" - by: marcos February 21, 2018