New Delhi promised to build hundreds of public toilets for the 2010 Commonwealth Games. Only 9 were built, and none of them are functioning. This short report from Al Jazeera’s Sohail Rahman highlights the fact that over 50 per cent of Indians have no access to clean toilets. It focuses on the lack of facilities in India’s growing cities and in schools. The report features rural development minister Jairam Ramesh, the inevitable Bindeshwar Pathak of Sulabh International and UNICEF India’s Suzanne Coates.
- Re: SuSanA Capacity Development Working Group meeting at Stockholm WWW 2016, Tuesday 30 August from 14.00- 15.30h - by: dorothee.spuhler July 26, 2016Dear all This is just a gently reminder that the call for contributions to the WG1 meeting (*how to effectively build capacity in the sanitation sector*) is still open! Just email me or answer to this thread... Kind regards Dorothee
- Final reports from the USAID WASHplus Project - by: campbelldb July 26, 2016The USAID WASHplus project ended on July 15, 2016. Links to some of its final reports on sanitation, WASH in schools, WASH and nutrition and other topics are on Sanitation Updates. WASHplus End of Project Report: What We Did and Why It Matters – The report provides a summary of the key cross-cutting themes that informed the six-year WASHplus activity; descri […]
- Ethiopia COP Position - by: jsauer July 26, 2016Dear Colleague, Please find here information on an urgent position (pending funding) to be filled. If you have COP, Ethiopia, and market development experience please consider. www.psi.org/careers/open-positions/?p=job%2Fo8Sm2fw8 Thanks! John
- Re: Learn how to make your own SFD at our workshop on 15/7/2016 (WEDC Conference in Kumasi, Ghana) - by: cfurlong July 26, 2016All the material we presented is on our website and we will upload our slides asap. sfd.susana.org/ Thanks for your interest Claire
- From Renu Bery/FHI360 - Seeking WASH-NTD case studies - by: campbelldb July 25, 2016Dear Colleagues: Please see the note and attachments that we are sharing on behalf of Renu: --------------------------------------------------------- Dear Colleagues: Have you been working across the neglected tropical diseases (NTD) and water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) sectors recently? Do you have experiences to share? Here is your chance to inspire yo […]
- Re: SuSanA Capacity Development Working Group meeting at Stockholm WWW 2016, Tuesday 30 August from 14.00- 15.30h - by: dorothee.spuhler July 26, 2016
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites