New Delhi promised to build hundreds of public toilets for the 2010 Commonwealth Games. Only 9 were built, and none of them are functioning. This short report from Al Jazeera’s Sohail Rahman highlights the fact that over 50 per cent of Indians have no access to clean toilets. It focuses on the lack of facilities in India’s growing cities and in schools. The report features rural development minister Jairam Ramesh, the inevitable Bindeshwar Pathak of Sulabh International and UNICEF India’s Suzanne Coates.
What type of content is most useful for you?
- Writings and Styles - by: F H Mughal July 26, 2017Dear Elisabeth, I'm facing a small problem that relates to the drafting and submission of the post. In my recent submission on MHM in Pakistan, I centered the heading, and made it bold. After pressing the "submit" button, I find that while the heading has been centered, it was not made bold. Instead, this - - "[/b]" - - appeared on t […]
- Study on how baffle wall enhances performance of septic tank - by: nilaadri1976 July 26, 2017Yes, it has. Many thanks for sharing ...
- Study on how baffle wall enhances performance of septic tank - by: JKMakowka July 25, 2017The attached study should give you some good arguments.
- Magazine: Africa Water Sanitation & Hygiene July - August 2017 Vol.12 No.4 Now Available - by: mwaniki July 25, 2017Welcome to the latest edition of the Africa Water, Sanitation & Hygiene This is the July - August 2017 Vol.12 No.4 edition. You may view this edition via this link afriwater.org/publication/online-magazines . You can also download a pdf version via afriwater.org/publication/publications Comments are welcome. Kind regards Steven Mwaniki
- Working Group 12 meets in Stockholm @ World Water Week 2017 - by: Jona July 25, 2017Dear members of WG12, At this year’s World Water Week ( programme.worldwaterweek.org ), we are planning to have a 1,5h SuSanA Working Group meeting on Tuesday (29th August) at 09:00 am. In addition, I would like to point out to you the strong presence of WASH-Nutrition related events this year again: MONDAY - 14:00-15:30 • “SDG-synergies: Countries link WASH […]
- Writings and Styles - by: F H Mughal July 26, 2017