New Delhi promised to build hundreds of public toilets for the 2010 Commonwealth Games. Only 9 were built, and none of them are functioning. This short report from Al Jazeera’s Sohail Rahman highlights the fact that over 50 per cent of Indians have no access to clean toilets. It focuses on the lack of facilities in India’s growing cities and in schools. The report features rural development minister Jairam Ramesh, the inevitable Bindeshwar Pathak of Sulabh International and UNICEF India’s Suzanne Coates.
What type of content is most useful for you?
- Investigating the social determinants of open defecation in India - by: SudhirPillay July 26, 2017This may be of assistance. Complements your research but not directly linked. More issue of OD even if there is toilet because of condition of toilet.
- Study on how baffle wall enhances performance of septic tank - by: SudhirPillay July 26, 2017This attachment is hidden for guests.Please log in or register to see it. Look at CFD on page 24. Also, practically, whether you want to use downflow pipes or hanging walls. Downflow pipes cheaper but can become clogged (may influence dead space also).
- Report on French researches on Urine Re-use - by: bowenarrow July 26, 2017Very good report on this interesting and important subject. The pics shown speak for themselves.The only concern I have is that urine collection systems in my mind should be completely separated at the pedestal. Non the less I feel we are going in the right direction and Urine will be realised as a resource very soon and the loop will be closed. Cheers Ross […]
- Writings and Styles - by: F H Mughal July 26, 2017Dear Elisabeth, I'm facing a small problem that relates to the drafting and submission of the post. In my recent submission on MHM in Pakistan, I centered the heading, and made it bold. After pressing the "submit" button, I find that while the heading has been centered, it was not made bold. Instead, this - - "[/b]" - - appeared on t […]
- Study on how baffle wall enhances performance of septic tank - by: nilaadri1976 July 26, 2017Yes, it has. Many thanks for sharing ...
- Investigating the social determinants of open defecation in India - by: SudhirPillay July 26, 2017