New Delhi promised to build hundreds of public toilets for the 2010 Commonwealth Games. Only 9 were built, and none of them are functioning. This short report from Al Jazeera’s Sohail Rahman highlights the fact that over 50 per cent of Indians have no access to clean toilets. It focuses on the lack of facilities in India’s growing cities and in schools. The report features rural development minister Jairam Ramesh, the inevitable Bindeshwar Pathak of Sulabh International and UNICEF India’s Suzanne Coates.
- USAID/WASHPaLs Webinar – Contribution of Community-Led Total Sanitation to Ending Open Defecation: Findings of a Desk Review - by: campbelldb April 20, 2018Hi Elisabeth The desk review is now final and the link to the report is at: https://www.globalwaters.org/resources/assets/washpals/toward-hygienic-environment-infants-and-young-children-review-literature Have a great weekend, Dan
- Review of CLTS - by: F H Mughal April 20, 2018Dear Elisabeth, I'm glad to note that my submission was helpful. In addition to what you wrote in the second para, I suggest that you request the forum readers to give comment on your CLTS Wikipedia article. Regards, F H Mughal
- great new behaviour change website! - by: petrschmied April 20, 2018I would like to introduce you to www.behaviourchange.net , a new directory of the most useful behaviour change resources for relief and development practitioners. The website will help you whenever you or your colleagues need to: 1) know what behaviour change is about 2) understand the ‘barriers’ that prevent people from adopting positive behaviours 3) find […]
- Hot off the press: Frontiers 10 on Equality and non-discrimination (EQND) in sanitation programmes at scale - by: secretariat April 20, 2018Dear all, this publication can also be downloaded in the SuSanA library here . A short summary quoted from the publication: This issue of Frontiers of CLTS shares and builds on the learning from the GSF EQND study, which examined EQND in relation to sanitation programmes being implemented at scale. It draws on existing global experience and looks at who shou […]
- New! Frontiers issue 9: CLTS in post-emergency and fragile states settings - by: secretariat April 20, 2018Dear all, from now on you could also download this publication in SuSanA library here . Regards, Ainul on behalf of the SuSanA secretariat
- USAID/WASHPaLs Webinar – Contribution of Community-Led Total Sanitation to Ending Open Defecation: Findings of a Desk Review - by: campbelldb April 20, 2018