New Delhi promised to build hundreds of public toilets for the 2010 Commonwealth Games. Only 9 were built, and none of them are functioning. This short report from Al Jazeera’s Sohail Rahman highlights the fact that over 50 per cent of Indians have no access to clean toilets. It focuses on the lack of facilities in India’s growing cities and in schools. The report features rural development minister Jairam Ramesh, the inevitable Bindeshwar Pathak of Sulabh International and UNICEF India’s Suzanne Coates.
- Further Development of Sludge Digger and Dipper (and a question) - by: dandreatta November 22, 2017Previously on this Forum I've introduced two sludge handling tools, the Sludge Digger and the Sludge Dipper, but they have now been developed further and field tested. Both are simple and inexpensive, and both pick up trash with the sludge since they are based on buckets. The Sludge Digger is now a very general purpose device that can handle thick or th […]
- French start-up WéCo launches commercialisation of ecological flush toilets with waste-water-treatment in a closed circuit - by: jorg November 22, 2017Hello Cécile ! According to the users frequency, the sluge tank must be emptied about two or three times per year. Sluge is just pumped out and transported to the local WWTP. We are working on an on-site-solution. But it's not for tomorrow From the mayor's fair in Paris, Jörg
- Evapotranspiration Toilet with a difference from India - by: rajivkr November 22, 2017Dear Elisabeth, Much appreciated. Rajiv
- Ventilation of pits for toilet blocks - by: phreymon November 22, 2017Thanks both for your inputs. These are school toilet blocks, so used only during the day, in a country rather dry and sunny! The solar vent could be a good option. The holding tanks are very big, type 4m width x 6 m length x 2 m depth. Not sure if one or two chimneys, as is usually the case, are sufficient to attract all the air in the right direction, even […]
- ECOLOO in the news on World Toilet Day! - by: ecoloo November 22, 2017World Toilet Day was established by the United Nations Water (UN-Water) to address the global sanitation crisis. The toilet is a wonderful invention that greatly improves our health and well-being, which many of us probably take for granted. ECOLOO was highlighted by LabRoots: www.labroots.com/trending/technology/736...ilet-day-meet-ecoloo Also, ECOLOO contr […]
- Further Development of Sludge Digger and Dipper (and a question) - by: dandreatta November 22, 2017