New Delhi promised to build hundreds of public toilets for the 2010 Commonwealth Games. Only 9 were built, and none of them are functioning. This short report from Al Jazeera’s Sohail Rahman highlights the fact that over 50 per cent of Indians have no access to clean toilets. It focuses on the lack of facilities in India’s growing cities and in schools. The report features rural development minister Jairam Ramesh, the inevitable Bindeshwar Pathak of Sulabh International and UNICEF India’s Suzanne Coates.
- any interest in new technologies?(specially imported one) - by: Akshay14 January 19, 2018To, Mr. Carol hydroclone was the clone copy of aquatron, but Mr. thammarat doesn't know about aquatron. it is like "two minds one thought" i also don't know much about the system. but by looking at pictures and his videos i get know that he uses septic tanks for treatment. hydroclone only reducing the time for settling solid and liquid in […]
- Expression of Interest for 78 FSTPs in Andhra Pradesh, India - by: sanjana January 19, 2018About 70 per cent of Urban Indian households have on-site sanitation systems. The sludge and septage generated in these on-site facilities is desludged by private operators and indiscriminately discharged in water bodies and on open land causing public health and environmental crisis. In response to this situation, national and state governments in India hav […]
- Regular septic tanks vs Biodigester septic tanks - by: bachmanna January 19, 2018While their are some designs on this website ... this site is incomplete and a lot of sections have just filler text. Is this website still in construction?
- Decentralized sanitation a way to go for Ukraine? - by: phreymon January 18, 2018Dear Bogdan, dear Dean, I would prefer simplified sewer systems not because of costs, but because they are in my view less vulnerable than solid-free sewer systems. Indeed, with the latter, you have to rely on compliance and good behaviour from all the users. If one household does not maintain properly his septic tank/interceptor, or if the design is not goo […]
- Decentralized sanitation a way to go for Ukraine? - by: BPopov January 18, 2018Decentral wrote: The reuse of treated water is a viable alternative in arid and warm climates, but in Europe it is possible for a few months in a year, so is a problem as well, which needs to be considered. You are aware that the water quality requirements for irrigation purposes and for discharge are different, the last are much more stringent. Dear Roumian […]
- any interest in new technologies?(specially imported one) - by: Akshay14 January 19, 2018