New Delhi promised to build hundreds of public toilets for the 2010 Commonwealth Games. Only 9 were built, and none of them are functioning. This short report from Al Jazeera’s Sohail Rahman highlights the fact that over 50 per cent of Indians have no access to clean toilets. It focuses on the lack of facilities in India’s growing cities and in schools. The report features rural development minister Jairam Ramesh, the inevitable Bindeshwar Pathak of Sulabh International and UNICEF India’s Suzanne Coates.
- Reply: Guidelines and Policies on FSM with a global focus - by: F H Mughal April 22, 2018The attached publication of the Directorate of Municipal Administration, Government of Karnataka, India, captioned: Faecal Sludge Treatment Plant: Devanahalli, gives more stress on treatment, when it comes to FSM. According to the report, the FSM Value Chain comprises of capture, storage, transport, treatment and reuse. The report gives advantages of aerobic […]
- Reply: Guidelines and Policies on FSM with a global focus - by: F H Mughal April 22, 2018Attached is a short report on solid waste and faecal sludge management in situations of rapid, mass displacement. The publication has interesting list of references. F H Mughal
- Condominial Sewerage in Brazil - by: F H Mughal April 22, 2018Dear Ms. Grace, Thank you for your kind help. I'll contact Mr. Neder for more information. This is an interesting topic. Regards, F H Mughal
- great new behaviour change website! - by: kharallaxman April 21, 2018Thanks. This looks good.
- Condominial Sewerage in Brazil - by: gracebeeler April 21, 2018Also, I am working with two Brazilian engineers who have developed a 5 day hands on course on how to do condominial. They can teach it in Spanish and Portuguese, but we are hoping to create an English language version. As well, there is a free software for condominial design which will be available in English, Spanish and Portuguese. It will be ready soon, p […]
- Reply: Guidelines and Policies on FSM with a global focus - by: F H Mughal April 22, 2018