New Delhi promised to build hundreds of public toilets for the 2010 Commonwealth Games. Only 9 were built, and none of them are functioning. This short report from Al Jazeera’s Sohail Rahman highlights the fact that over 50 per cent of Indians have no access to clean toilets. It focuses on the lack of facilities in India’s growing cities and in schools. The report features rural development minister Jairam Ramesh, the inevitable Bindeshwar Pathak of Sulabh International and UNICEF India’s Suzanne Coates.
How many times do you visit Sanitation Updates per month?
- Re: Reuse of Faecal Sludge in Agriculture in Mzuzu, Malawi - by: goeco February 20, 2017In my view the biggest gaps in research are in changes to levels of helminths over time. The 5 year rest period seems to be the magic number but I haven't uncovered any research data to support that. This is a hugely important area, the number one limiting factor to reuse of sludge in agriculture. It's an unknown, and fear of the problem is sometim […]
- WG 7: Take part in SuSanA's Wikipedia Edit-a-thon for World Water Day (19th/20th March)! - by: ruthmiskelly February 20, 2017Hello Working Group 7, I would like to let you know about SuSanA's Wikipedia World Water Day Editathon (19th/20th March), an event being organised under the Gates Foundation Phase 3 Grant. Rationale for this event: Wikipedia has great value to those working on the periphery of the sector. For example local government actors working on policy and legisla […]
- Re: Join us 19-20 March 2017 SuSanA's Wikipedia Edit-a-thon for World Water Day, Around the world, around the clock, together - by: muench February 20, 2017Dear all, As you have probably noticed already the organizing team of the Wikipedia edit-a-thon for World Water Day is also engaging with the members of the SuSanA working groups, by posting on the forum in the Working Group (WG) section and by sending out e-mails to the WG mailing lists. If you've received an e-mail for a working group that you have su […]
- Re: LIST OF COMPANIES COMMITTED TO TH WATER MANDATE - by: ossai February 20, 2017dEAR dANIEL, THANKS FOR YOUR RESPONSE TO MY REQUEST REGARDS
- Re: Working Group 6 (WG 6) members: Take part in our Wikipedia Edit-a-Thon 19/20 March ! - by: ruthmiskelly February 20, 2017Hi Chris and Daniel, Thank you both for your responses Chris, in terms of the advantages of the Edit-a-thon rather than us all working individually on the sanitation-related Wikipedia pages.. - The overall impact is greater! - If the quality of all the sanitation-related pages is increased by 20th March, when people look for sanitation information, they will […]
- Re: Reuse of Faecal Sludge in Agriculture in Mzuzu, Malawi - by: goeco February 20, 2017
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites