New Delhi promised to build hundreds of public toilets for the 2010 Commonwealth Games. Only 9 were built, and none of them are functioning. This short report from Al Jazeera’s Sohail Rahman highlights the fact that over 50 per cent of Indians have no access to clean toilets. It focuses on the lack of facilities in India’s growing cities and in schools. The report features rural development minister Jairam Ramesh, the inevitable Bindeshwar Pathak of Sulabh International and UNICEF India’s Suzanne Coates.
- Fwd: Introducing Tippy tap Kenya (handwashing at schools) - by: StuSpaTap March 21, 2018Dear Kennedy, If you would like to run a pilot project with SpaTap please let me know On first glance, to the uneducated eye, a SpaTap attached to a 1.5-litre bottle can look similar to a tippy tap. However, the SpaTap is a powerful pocket-sized tool and is completely different on many levels. This document will clearly explain the major difference between t […]
- Donate to Provide Toilet Facilities for a Village without a Toilet Facility - by: Hopeworks March 20, 2018Donate Tomorrow! Tomorrow is the big day! You can join Hopeworks Ghana and make the GlobalGiving Accelerator Program a Success. Don't forget. Every Donation of Any Size matters and anytime you give, the more bonus funds Hopeworks Ghana can earn. Donate here! [ globalgiving.org/projects/31925 ]
- Rural Sanitation Governance in India - any relevant studies or cases? - by: F H Mughal March 20, 2018. . . and this 477pp document on why governance matters. F H Mughal
- Rural Sanitation Governance in India - any relevant studies or cases? - by: F H Mughal March 20, 2018Dear Ms. Magdalena, Kindly have a look at the attached SEI, 6pp document, on sanitation governance. Regards, F H Mughal
- Rural Sanitation Governance in India - any relevant studies or cases? - by: F H Mughal March 20, 2018Dear Ms. Magdalena, I wanted to send you the following publication: Governance in Gram Panchayats Active Panchayat Book ‐ III A Prototype Manual for Gram Panchayat Elected Representatives and Functionaries Ministry of Panchayati Raj, Government of India, October 2014, 116pp The size of the publication is 25 MB. This system cannot upload publication of size g […]
- Fwd: Introducing Tippy tap Kenya (handwashing at schools) - by: StuSpaTap March 21, 2018