New Delhi promised to build hundreds of public toilets for the 2010 Commonwealth Games. Only 9 were built, and none of them are functioning. This short report from Al Jazeera’s Sohail Rahman highlights the fact that over 50 per cent of Indians have no access to clean toilets. It focuses on the lack of facilities in India’s growing cities and in schools. The report features rural development minister Jairam Ramesh, the inevitable Bindeshwar Pathak of Sulabh International and UNICEF India’s Suzanne Coates.
How many times do you visit Sanitation Updates per month?
- Bringing Market Thinking to Humanitarian Response: UK Launch of the Minimum Economic Recover Standards 3rd Edition - by: eshaylor April 25, 2017The SEEP Network warmly invites you to a launch event for The Minimum Economic Recovery Standards (MERS) 3rd Edition. What are the MERS Standards? The MERS offer tools for humanitarian agencies, inter-governmental organizations, local populations and government departments to enhance the effectiveness and quality of the economic assistance offered, and thus […]
- Re: Wanted: Sudan-specific WASH footage/images - by: wini April 25, 2017Dear Nika, yes off course, i did my M.Sc. in Productive sanitation in south Darfur so i have plenty of pictures of dirty public latrines, land fill, solid waste, and household sanitation. please see Dropbox link; all the pictures are taken in Kass and Ottash IDP camps, South Darfur, 2016. www.dropbox.com/sh/ebza1vwhctkqxft/AACTk...QyNjcXJSYUPLVVa?dl=0 P.S. i […]
- An article worth reading on lactic acid fermentation of source separated urine - by: nadia April 25, 2017The research results of this article focus on a topic not so well explored, however very important. Treatment of source separated human urine via lactic acid fermentation seems to be very promising as regarding the odour reduction and maintaining a higher fertilizing value of urine. The experiments were carried out at the laboratory scale using fresh urine a […]
- Re: Defining the Scope of Case Study Research - What is a best practice? - by: nipun April 25, 2017nipunvinayak.wordpress.com/2017/04/22/ca...ices-and-principles/
- Re: Defining the Scope of Case Study Research - What is a best practice? - by: Alka April 25, 2017Dear All, It is good to know of the interest on the topic of case studies and its design and its relevance. I am a planner and with the perspective of planning, following are my views. Case study is a method and is a methodology. In social science research is normally used for building theories and testing theories. Case studies can be used for both. However […]
- Bringing Market Thinking to Humanitarian Response: UK Launch of the Minimum Economic Recover Standards 3rd Edition - by: eshaylor April 25, 2017
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites