New Delhi promised to build hundreds of public toilets for the 2010 Commonwealth Games. Only 9 were built, and none of them are functioning. This short report from Al Jazeera’s Sohail Rahman highlights the fact that over 50 per cent of Indians have no access to clean toilets. It focuses on the lack of facilities in India’s growing cities and in schools. The report features rural development minister Jairam Ramesh, the inevitable Bindeshwar Pathak of Sulabh International and UNICEF India’s Suzanne Coates.
How many times do you visit Sanitation Updates per month?
- Speakers wanted for international event on World Water Day - by: Sasisoy February 19, 2017Adventure Kids Learning (ONG) is organising an event for the World Water Day. The event name is Ripples Make Waves and it is sanctioned by UN. Ripples Make Waves is a LIVE, 24-hour, interactive video event bringing students of the world together to share water stories, discuss change and advocate FOR EACH OTHER, the need and the right for every child to have […]
- Re: Working Group 6 (WG 6) members: Take part in our Wikipedia Edit-a-Thon 19/20 March ! - by: canaday February 19, 2017Hi Everyone, Wikipedia is a bit of a mystery in its inner workings. Maybe someone can help me figure out the following problem. I posted a drawing that I myself had made on the Spanish ArborLoo page, but it was deleted due to some concern that it had been plagiarized. I politely requested for it to undeleted and I got an alert linking to the following page, […]
- SIMPLY STATED: The world thinks diarrhoea can be solved by taking antibiotics. How did we get this so wrong? - by: arno February 19, 2017SIMPLY STATED: The world thinks diarrhoea caused by inadequate sanitation can be solved by taking antibiotics. How did we get this so wrong? While FSM4 www.fsm4.susana.org/ is ongoing in Chennai and the focus is on India, here are some sobering findings regarding the increase in antimicrobial resistance caused by overzealous use of antibiotics to combat diar […]
- Re: [Wg4] Working Group 4 meeting at FSM in Chennai - meeting details - by: Eddy251 February 19, 2017Hello Esther, I arrived Chennai early this morning and would attend the meeting. Regards, Eddy
- Re: Meeting of Working Group 1 at the FSM4 Conference in Chennai, India (between the 19th and 23rd of February) - by: Eddy251 February 19, 2017I am attending. Regards, Eddy
- Speakers wanted for international event on World Water Day - by: Sasisoy February 19, 2017
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites