New Delhi promised to build hundreds of public toilets for the 2010 Commonwealth Games. Only 9 were built, and none of them are functioning. This short report from Al Jazeera’s Sohail Rahman highlights the fact that over 50 per cent of Indians have no access to clean toilets. It focuses on the lack of facilities in India’s growing cities and in schools. The report features rural development minister Jairam Ramesh, the inevitable Bindeshwar Pathak of Sulabh International and UNICEF India’s Suzanne Coates.
- Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) in Schools - by: meghna December 13, 2017Great to know that our publication, The ABC of WASH in schools will be useful reference for your upcoming WASH in schools project in Cameroon. Please also view our two short films: 1. ASAL: Intervention in schools 2. ASAL: Intervention in slums:
- Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) in Schools - by: meghna December 13, 2017Thank you so much for appreciating our publication and the usefulness about our publication in your work. Please also view our two short films 1. ASAL: Interventions in schools - 2. ASAL: Intervention in slums -
- SuSanA workshop on opportunities for knowledge sharing partnership development in Accra - by: Doreen December 13, 2017Dear Connie, Thanks for the report. I have requested our interns to upload it in the SuSanA library. Looking forward to more details about the webinar. Best regards, Doreen
- Policy analysis and research support in fecal waste management (FWM) in East Africa - by: Doreen December 13, 2017Dear Mwangi, Thanks for this information. You should talk to the colleagues at the Water Sector Trust Fund (Mara Road, Upper Hill) and the GIZ Water Sector Reform Programme . They have a strong focus on FSM within the UBSUP programme. Email me seperately and I can forward you their details. Best regards, Doreen
- Policy analysis and research support in fecal waste management (FWM) in East Africa - by: mchege December 13, 2017Dennis, Thanks for all this useful information. Interesting to learn about the project you are doing with UN-Habitat. Please let us know about the upcoming workshop so our team can see about participation. Admittedly our work is not as technical (in the engineering sense) as what you seem to be doing, but the context and view of stakeholders your team has wo […]
- Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) in Schools - by: meghna December 13, 2017