New Delhi promised to build hundreds of public toilets for the 2010 Commonwealth Games. Only 9 were built, and none of them are functioning. This short report from Al Jazeera’s Sohail Rahman highlights the fact that over 50 per cent of Indians have no access to clean toilets. It focuses on the lack of facilities in India’s growing cities and in schools. The report features rural development minister Jairam Ramesh, the inevitable Bindeshwar Pathak of Sulabh International and UNICEF India’s Suzanne Coates.
How many times do you visit Sanitation Updates per month?
- Re: WG 12: Take part in SuSanA's Wikipedia Edit-a-thon for World Water Day (19th/20th March)! - by: exobarbiche March 1, 2017Dear Ruth and Elisabeth yes, i agree, at this stage it is maybe more sensible to update existing pages of WASH and nutrition, so we'll focus on that Best JC
- Re: “Contribution of Sustainable Sanitation to the Agenda 2030 for Sustainable Development” – SuSanA’s revised Vision Document now open for discussion! - by: Sowmya March 1, 2017Dear Roland, Thanks for your comments. I agree that several of the points in the PPT have already been covered in the draft document - indeed, that was the point (to have a holistic map of what has already been covered in the draft document and some suggestions along with process map to understand implementation pathways). Agreed about slides relating to nex […]
- Invitation to Tender to produce SuSanA's Stakeholder Market Survey - by: arno March 1, 2017Colleagues Here attached is an open and global Invitation to Tender from SEI on behalf of SuSanA to produce a Stakeholder Market Survey consisting of a baseline market assessment, a communications strategy for SuSana and a template for measuring the impact of SuSanA on the targeted market. All this to benefit SuSanA and improve its reach, its content as a KM […]
- If you have a toilet, you are blessed. (blog post from Nigeria) - by: kocsy March 1, 2017There are so many things we can do to educate young people about toilet. As a blogger, I am concerned. As youth activist, I am worried. Worried on how to add up and change lives. Young people ought not to grow without a toilet for once. So I wrote and blog about it here. Click below link and read www.youngpeopleforpeace.blogspot.com.ng/2016...you-are-blessed […]
- If you have a toilet, you are blessed. - by: kocsy March 1, 2017If you are living in my neighborhood and in a slum, you will know the importance of.having a toilet. Every morning when you wake up and anytime you want to defecate, it is a game. In my community, every morning you will see many people walking towards railway track nearer to bush trunk to defecate, in any field, any farm land is just good to go. But as good […]
- Re: WG 12: Take part in SuSanA's Wikipedia Edit-a-thon for World Water Day (19th/20th March)! - by: exobarbiche March 1, 2017
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites