New Delhi promised to build hundreds of public toilets for the 2010 Commonwealth Games. Only 9 were built, and none of them are functioning. This short report from Al Jazeera’s Sohail Rahman highlights the fact that over 50 per cent of Indians have no access to clean toilets. It focuses on the lack of facilities in India’s growing cities and in schools. The report features rural development minister Jairam Ramesh, the inevitable Bindeshwar Pathak of Sulabh International and UNICEF India’s Suzanne Coates.
- Just released: The Compendium of Sanitation Technologies in Emergencies - by: F H Mughal May 23, 2018Dear Mr. Robert, I'm delighted to learn that water compendium is in the pipeline. I trust, you will post the link, when the compendium is ready. Regards, F H Mughal
- Just released: The Compendium of Sanitation Technologies in Emergencies - by: rob# May 23, 2018Dear FH Mughal, sorry for the late response. Just saw your question only now: Reference and URL below: Global WASH Cluster (2011): Disaster Risk Reduction and Water Sanitation and Hygiene. Global WASH Cluster. New York. URL: water.care2share.wikispaces.net/file/vie...duction+and+WASH.pdf ...and there is indeed a water compendium for the development context c […]
- Canada’s Challenges and Opportunities to Address Contaminants in Wastewater - by: christenerz May 23, 2018Thank you for sharing this new report. As a Canadian citizen, I am glad to see the Ministry of Environment and Climate Change invest in understanding the challenges in this domain, and to see concrete decisions and actions taken across the country to enhance the sustainability of our WWTPs. From a policy perspective, it is interesting to see how decentralize […]
- Review of CLTS - by: F H Mughal May 23, 2018Dear Elisabeth, I don't have any comment to offer, at this stage. However, I'm eager to see what others have to say. This is going to be interesting. Regards, F H Mughal
- Review of CLTS - by: muench May 23, 2018Dear Mughal, I agree with your suggestion. How about you are the first to comment and provide suggestions for improvements on the Wikipedia article about CLTS? If you have any, please put them into this existing thread from 2015 (at that time Joe Turner and I made a range of far-ranging improvements): forum.susana.org/discussions-about-speci...dia-let-s-impr […]
- Just released: The Compendium of Sanitation Technologies in Emergencies - by: F H Mughal May 23, 2018