New Delhi promised to build hundreds of public toilets for the 2010 Commonwealth Games. Only 9 were built, and none of them are functioning. This short report from Al Jazeera’s Sohail Rahman highlights the fact that over 50 per cent of Indians have no access to clean toilets. It focuses on the lack of facilities in India’s growing cities and in schools. The report features rural development minister Jairam Ramesh, the inevitable Bindeshwar Pathak of Sulabh International and UNICEF India’s Suzanne Coates.
- Reply: the 1st Separett UDDT in Datong city - by: Ecowaters April 19, 2018No, no----not a cheaper product by Separett but a different product that Separett would have to customize for you. Given the photos I see, I would suggest using urine diverters and urinals with large batch containers---either in the existing but emptied pits or on the floor. Add ventilation stacks/pipes with NO BENDS. I understand that this is about a busine […]
- Reply: the 1st Separett UDDT in Datong city - by: scottchen April 19, 2018Hi, Kizito Richard, Millions of millions Chinese farmers are using the pit latrines. Now our top leader issues an order to change the stinky toilets within 3-5 years. The policy makers only trust normal flush toilets and are against the dry toilets. What I am doing is to demonstrate to them there are morder dry toilets which are more ecological than the wate […]
- Insights A WASH Dialogue and Partnership Forum, New Delhi, 27th April - by: Alijavid493 April 19, 2018Hi I am Javed Ali from Kargil Ladakh (INDIA). My message to all water conversations Volunteers to establish more and more local toilets to conserve our precious water as compare to use flushed toilets. Because flushed toilets needs approximately huge water amounts. We and our villagers as well as some town people use local toilets which means save water indi […]
- the 1st Separett UDDT in Datong city - by: scottchen April 19, 2018Hi， Carol： i have studied all the products Separett has. You are right. I can find some cheaper products form Separett to realize the purpose. The 1st Villa 9000 is to find whether the farmers like the product or not . If yes, the government would finance them to change their pit latrines, to some kind toilets like Villa 9000. As shown in the picture, there […]
- Condominial Sewerage in Brazil - by: gracebeeler April 19, 2018Yes, my understanding is that Mara has retired. Earthea Nance has done some of the only evaluations in English, but they too are from more than a decade ago. I'll ask her to get on and post what she thinks are the most relevant papers. There is work being done in Portuguese, but interest died out in English for a while. My opinion on why they are not sp […]
- Reply: the 1st Separett UDDT in Datong city - by: Ecowaters April 19, 2018