New Delhi promised to build hundreds of public toilets for the 2010 Commonwealth Games. Only 9 were built, and none of them are functioning. This short report from Al Jazeera’s Sohail Rahman highlights the fact that over 50 per cent of Indians have no access to clean toilets. It focuses on the lack of facilities in India’s growing cities and in schools. The report features rural development minister Jairam Ramesh, the inevitable Bindeshwar Pathak of Sulabh International and UNICEF India’s Suzanne Coates.
- Menstruation in Nepal - by: F H Mughal January 23, 2018Menstruation in Nepal Menstruation for women in Nepal can be very discomforting and problematic. This is mainly due to the superstitions prevalent in Nepal. Due to superstition, the women in Nepal is considered impure (this is also prevalent in Pakistan, but only to the extent that they cannot enter the masjids (mosques) for praying). Menstruating women in M […]
- Hack the Cape Town Water Crisis - by: gien January 23, 2018Will do! Coincidentally, my wife just sent me a FB post from yesterday, that you had been participating on.
- How to increase the participation of "practitioners" in SuSanA? - And do we have lurkers or empowered listeners? - by: JKMakowka January 23, 2018eendres wrote: What other WASH fora do you know about? Any fora on global health? dgroups.org/ seems to also have a few global health "communities" (basically mailing lists), but no idea how active they are. The RWSN moderated WASH (mostly water) lists there are fairly active however. Overall I would say SuSanA stands out as being fairly active, bu […]
- Introduction: Saskia Machel (Berlin, Germany) - by: JKMakowka January 23, 2018Welcome to SuSanA I guess you will join the emergency environmental health forum in April? forum.susana.org/156-conferences-seminar...n-anyone-going#23347 If so, we could organise a small SuSanA meeting there... although I can not 100% say for sure if I will be there, as I might be redeployed to Bangladesh before.
- Menstruation in Nepal - by: F H Mughal January 23, 2018