New Delhi promised to build hundreds of public toilets for the 2010 Commonwealth Games. Only 9 were built, and none of them are functioning. This short report from Al Jazeera’s Sohail Rahman highlights the fact that over 50 per cent of Indians have no access to clean toilets. It focuses on the lack of facilities in India’s growing cities and in schools. The report features rural development minister Jairam Ramesh, the inevitable Bindeshwar Pathak of Sulabh International and UNICEF India’s Suzanne Coates.
- Re: Tool for Technology Choice for FSM-SANITECH - by: pkjha October 24, 2016Dear Mr Sujaya Since you posted a Tool for septage management, a clear concept on the topic was expected. Hence I posted some fundamental queries. 2nd query could not be replied. It is not replied how septaic tank produces less sludge than aerobic system – refer 2nd question of the earlier mail. Recheck it. Answer of the 1St query is still fuzzy. As was earl […]
- Urban Open Defecation free village in Ethiopia _Success story _Sept 2016 : - by: kitesab October 24, 2016Introduction : Olenchity town is located in Boset district, East Shoa Zone of the Oromia Region 126 km from Addis Ababa and 30km from Adama at a geographic coordinate of 8o40’0”N and 39o25’60”E as shown in figure below. Located on the main road to the port of Djibouti commercial activity mainly service related activities such as hotels, bars and restaurants […]
- Pyrolysis - by: Maxym42 October 24, 2016Dear all, I'm currently working on the excreta valorization by pyrolysis. However i'm wondering if any supplier are making small scale device for a toilet development. IF any laboratories or suppliers could give us some clues on the process for sludge, we are interested to make tests and develop new approach for sludge treatment !!! Thanks all I […]
- Global Sanitation Fund reflection paper: Understanding slippage - by: OUmelo October 24, 2016'Sanitation and hygiene behaviour change at scale: Understanding slippage' is a new reflection paper published by WSSCC's Global Sanitation Fund. The paper explores how to discern slippage nuances and patterns, strategies to address, pre-empt and mitigate it, as well as alternative monitoring systems that capture the complexity of slippage mor […]
- Challenges of MHM intervention in Great riftvalley of Ethiopia, 2016 - by: kitesab October 24, 2016
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites