New Delhi promised to build hundreds of public toilets for the 2010 Commonwealth Games. Only 9 were built, and none of them are functioning. This short report from Al Jazeera’s Sohail Rahman highlights the fact that over 50 per cent of Indians have no access to clean toilets. It focuses on the lack of facilities in India’s growing cities and in schools. The report features rural development minister Jairam Ramesh, the inevitable Bindeshwar Pathak of Sulabh International and UNICEF India’s Suzanne Coates.
- Introducing Tippytap-Kenya - by: tippytap March 22, 2018Greetings i concur that indeed compared to traditional tippy taps the spataps have merits and its the reason we came up with the wash house hand wash facility to be adopted as a standardised facility in schools . . kindly help me understand how in a school setting the spatap stackles the issues of;- - Drainage - overcrowding - soap disapearance and wastage - […]
- Composting system for community toilets - by: muench March 22, 2018Just a small note to explain why I have moved Ben's post into this separate thread (it used to be in one of the vermifilter threads). Dean explained it to me like this: ++++++++ Hi Elisabeth, just to explain, Ben is practicing vermicomposting of feces (the same process as vermicomposting of kitchen waste etc), whereas vermifiltration is a wet composting […]
- Contributing to World Water Day 22 March 2018: help us to improve these 10 Wikipedia articles - by: muench March 22, 2018No, sorry that doesn't help (but thanks anyway), as I was looking for photos about World Water Day celebrations for the World Water Day article (and they have to be under an open access licence). For the Wikipedia article on Nature-based solutions, I already found some good photos within Wikimedia Commons. I have used them now to illustrate the article […]
- Menstrual Hygiene in Schools - by: mahamaaminu March 22, 2018Progress has been made to improve menstrual hygiene in schools in Ghana. Sanitation facilities now constructed in schools include change room for girls. The emerging issue around menstrual hygiene at schools is the disposal of pads. while others resort to burning or dig and bury, there is not best practice for the disposal of pads. What are the best practice […]
- New "partner of SuSanA" logo? Ideas please - by: hinaeni March 22, 2018A logo should be attractive, not dull.A logo is the first thing client sees on the website.In this modern world where people like colourful things rather than the dull stuff.People were hiring web design agency for their logos because they need professionally designed logos.they are spending their money on logos and web designing.I recommend you to change th […]
- Introducing Tippytap-Kenya - by: tippytap March 22, 2018