New Delhi promised to build hundreds of public toilets for the 2010 Commonwealth Games. Only 9 were built, and none of them are functioning. This short report from Al Jazeera’s Sohail Rahman highlights the fact that over 50 per cent of Indians have no access to clean toilets. It focuses on the lack of facilities in India’s growing cities and in schools. The report features rural development minister Jairam Ramesh, the inevitable Bindeshwar Pathak of Sulabh International and UNICEF India’s Suzanne Coates.
- Selling Toilets blog from Nonprofit Chronicles - by: Improvedavis July 29, 2016You might be interested in this blog By Marc Gunther about IDInsight's research with IDE. intro to blog: It’s easy for most of us to take the simplest things–like flushing a toilet–for granted. Yet almost 2.4 million people lack access to modern sanitation, and nearly 1 million practice open defecation, according to the World Health Organization. The pr […]
- Re: WASH Futures conference 2016: Pathways to universal and sustained water, sanitation and hygiene - by: muench July 29, 2016The plenary sessions from this conference are now available as videos on Youtube with this link: www.watercentre.org/services/events/wash2016/plenary-videos It includes these sessions: Day 1, Opening Opening Plenary Day 1, Plenary 1: Keynote Catarina de Albuquerque Day 1, Plenary 1: Keynote Don Blackmore Day 1, Plenary 2 The Big Debate Day 2, Plenary 3: Keyn […]
- Are all states using the model checklist provided by GoI for verification? Are there any outliers? - by: Sanchita July 29, 2016Delighted to be here. Warm welcome to everyone, and look forward to some great discussions and debates. Click on the link below (also attached) . We have all read this, haven't we? www.mdws.gov.in/sites/default/files/R_274_1441280478318.pdf The definition is sacrosanct, and suggestive indicators in form a model checklist has been drawn up. States have t […]
- Re: Energy recovery & waste treatment with floating biodigesters (Tonle Sap Lake, Cambodia - LLEE) - by: robhughes July 29, 2016Hi Michael, thanks for getting touch. I'm currently based in Sydney and not regularly in Cambodia. This project is being continued through the ATEC* enterprise: www.atecbio.com/ The best person to contact would be Ben Jeffrey's of ATEC*. Cheers, Rob
- Selling Toilets blog from Nonprofit Chronicles - by: Improvedavis July 29, 2016
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites