New Delhi promised to build hundreds of public toilets for the 2010 Commonwealth Games. Only 9 were built, and none of them are functioning. This short report from Al Jazeera’s Sohail Rahman highlights the fact that over 50 per cent of Indians have no access to clean toilets. It focuses on the lack of facilities in India’s growing cities and in schools. The report features rural development minister Jairam Ramesh, the inevitable Bindeshwar Pathak of Sulabh International and UNICEF India’s Suzanne Coates.
- Reply: Guidelines and Policies on FSM with a global focus - by: shobana February 23, 2018Dear Sharada, You will be able find more information from the FSM conference proceedings in the SuSanA website. www.susana.org/en/knowledge-hub/training...-india-february-2018 Also, take a look at the new FSM innovation publication by Isabel Blackett and Peter Hawkins in the SuSanA öibrary - www.susana.org/en/knowledge-hub/resource...library/details/2760 Reg […]
- Vermi-Trickling Filters (or vermifilters) for Sewage Treatment (looking for help to design) - by: BPopov February 23, 2018Hi Dean! Thank you! This very valuable that you are willing to share your experince here including trials record. It is only through these experiments we can develop new systems "out of septic box")))). Now I understand much more about your design and why did you put several setlling tanks after the primary digester. This really makes sense. I wond […]
- Solar treatment of feces? - by: ekellogg February 22, 2018Sorry for my ignorance, Tore, but what ahcart are you referring to?
- Postgraduate programme in water and sanitation in Australia, Canada, America - by: SamOricha February 22, 2018Hi Isaac and ALL, Am Samuel, a WASH enthusiast with general interest in Water Resources and Environmental Engineering, specific interest in Rural Sanitation, Water and Wastewater Treatment. I have both research and practical experiences in Water and Wastewater Treatment, Design and Construction of Constructed Wetlands for Septage Treatment, Solid waste manag […]
- Vermi-Trickling Filters (or vermifilters) for Sewage Treatment (looking for help to design) - by: goeco February 22, 2018Hi Bogdan, yes blockage of these small cheap pumps has always been a concern. Indeed they can block with silt building up in the inlet. The pump itself doesn't block, but the buildup of fine particles can stop the water from flowing into the pump which can burn them out. How I've got around that is to use a series of sedimentation drums between the […]
- Reply: Guidelines and Policies on FSM with a global focus - by: shobana February 23, 2018