New Delhi promised to build hundreds of public toilets for the 2010 Commonwealth Games. Only 9 were built, and none of them are functioning. This short report from Al Jazeera’s Sohail Rahman highlights the fact that over 50 per cent of Indians have no access to clean toilets. It focuses on the lack of facilities in India’s growing cities and in schools. The report features rural development minister Jairam Ramesh, the inevitable Bindeshwar Pathak of Sulabh International and UNICEF India’s Suzanne Coates.
What type of content is most useful for you?
- Study on how baffle wall enhances performance of septic tank - by: JKMakowka July 25, 2017The attached study should give you some good arguments.
- Magazine: Africa Water Sanitation & Hygiene July - August 2017 Vol.12 No.4 Now Available - by: mwaniki July 25, 2017Welcome to the latest edition of the Africa Water, Sanitation & Hygiene This is the July - August 2017 Vol.12 No.4 edition. You may view this edition via this link afriwater.org/publication/online-magazines . You can also download a pdf version via afriwater.org/publication/publications Comments are welcome. Kind regards Steven Mwaniki
- Working Group 12 meets in Stockholm @ World Water Week 2017 - by: Jona July 25, 2017Dear members of WG12, At this year’s World Water Week ( programme.worldwaterweek.org ), we are planning to have a 1,5h SuSanA Working Group meeting on Tuesday (29th August) at 09:00 am. In addition, I would like to point out to you the strong presence of WASH-Nutrition related events this year again: MONDAY - 14:00-15:30 • “SDG-synergies: Countries link WASH […]
- Study on how baffle wall enhances performance of septic tank - by: nilaadri1976 July 25, 2017I was wondering if someone has done a research on how the baffle wall enhances performance of septic tank . Currently I am working in such part of the world where baffle wall in septic tank is an alien subject to the engineers and masons. They prefer to make big tank ( viz. 6x3x10 cubic ft for seven family with an average household size of 3.5) without any b […]
- Sanitation systems, what should they acomplish and what does it mean for re-use and disposal - by: goeco July 25, 2017Hi Marijn, By "convenience/aesthetics" I mean the desirability of the toilet for the user. If it stinks or is not clean then people would be far more likely to avoid using it. This is a perception thing and I see it as an important function of the sanitation system and more than just a selling point. My interest is in onsite systems, not sewer pipe […]
- Study on how baffle wall enhances performance of septic tank - by: JKMakowka July 25, 2017