New Delhi promised to build hundreds of public toilets for the 2010 Commonwealth Games. Only 9 were built, and none of them are functioning. This short report from Al Jazeera’s Sohail Rahman highlights the fact that over 50 per cent of Indians have no access to clean toilets. It focuses on the lack of facilities in India’s growing cities and in schools. The report features rural development minister Jairam Ramesh, the inevitable Bindeshwar Pathak of Sulabh International and UNICEF India’s Suzanne Coates.
What type of content is most useful for you?
- Webinar: Managing sales and post-sales operations for sanitation in Haiti - by: eycnyc00 August 23, 2017Hi everybody, TaroWorks is hosting a webinar on how SOIL Haiti has digitized their sales and services operations for over 1,000 EkoLakay compost toilets in Haiti. They'll be discussing the tools they use to manage their field operations and how they've taken the data from these activities to improve their business. DETAILS DATE: Thursday, August 24 […]
- Introducing Community Green Engagement (COMGREEN) from Cameroon - by: COMGREEN August 23, 2017COMGREEN , an NGO that adress climate change and environmental haphazards
- Request for training-Solutions for pit desludging and sludge management. - by: COMGREEN August 23, 2017Hello, Good day. Congratulation for this great innovation- Solutions for pit desludging and sludge management. I would like to be train. What are the formalities required for training? Thanks Alex Gwanvalla Community Green Engagement- Cameroon Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Faecal Sludge Treatment by means of bio-predating using house fly larvae (Musca Domestica) - by: VogelAfrica August 22, 2017Dear Makgatha, Thank you for your advise. I will certainly contact Prof Chris Buckley. Ellen
- Is human faecal sludge workable in a natural inoculation design for house flies? - by: VogelAfrica August 22, 2017Dear Chris, I have a small farm in the Eastern region of Ghana. We want to build a business specializing in the production of young BSF maggots to distribute to partner farmers who will mature them for layers. We will focus on the waste stream of the cacao farmers. Our first action point is a simple housefly facility (natural inoculation on animal manure, co […]
- Webinar: Managing sales and post-sales operations for sanitation in Haiti - by: eycnyc00 August 23, 2017