New Delhi promised to build hundreds of public toilets for the 2010 Commonwealth Games. Only 9 were built, and none of them are functioning. This short report from Al Jazeera’s Sohail Rahman highlights the fact that over 50 per cent of Indians have no access to clean toilets. It focuses on the lack of facilities in India’s growing cities and in schools. The report features rural development minister Jairam Ramesh, the inevitable Bindeshwar Pathak of Sulabh International and UNICEF India’s Suzanne Coates.
How many times do you visit Sanitation Updates per month?
- Re: HDPE septic tank apply to the Rural sewage treatment in China and South east Asia - by: Dana March 23, 2017Hi Juliana, Thanks for sharing information on HDPE septic tanks. I'm based in Ghana and here we have access to plastic septic tanks, 3000 and 6000 liters. They are roto-molded. As you mention the cost is high, approximately twice the cost of a tank make using ferro-cement. How do you recommend producing HDPE tanks to lower the production cost?
- Re: WG 1: Take part in SuSanA's Wikipedia Edit-a-thon for World Water Day (19th/20th March)! - by: millieadam March 22, 2017I made some edits to the capacity building page - hope to make more soon!
- Re: World Water Day 2017 publications by USAID, UN Water, WaterAid and others - by: campbelldb March 22, 2017Hi Elisabeth Congrats to you and your colleagues on compiling such a useful World Water Day resource. I included a separate post on Sanitation Updates with a link to the Wikipedia article. Dan
- Re: World Water Day 2017 publications by USAID, UN Water, WaterAid and others - by: muench March 22, 2017Hi Dan, Could you please add the much improved Wikipedia article on World Water Day? I am so proud of it! It is one of the outcomes from our edit-a-thon which ran from Sunday to Tuesday. (or make it a separate news item on Sanitation Updates?) See here: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Water_Day It is also mentioned on the main front page of Wikipedia today (in t […]
- World Water Day 2017 publications by USAID, UN Water, WaterAid and others - by: campbelldb March 22, 2017We have links to the reports below on Sanitation Updates. Please let me know if you have others that should be added to the list - USAID Global Waters – March 2017 - World Water Day | U.S. Agency for International Development - UN Water: World Water Development Report 2017 – Wastewater: An untapped resource - UNICEF – Thirsting for a Future: Water and childr […]
- Re: HDPE septic tank apply to the Rural sewage treatment in China and South east Asia - by: Dana March 23, 2017
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites