New Delhi promised to build hundreds of public toilets for the 2010 Commonwealth Games. Only 9 were built, and none of them are functioning. This short report from Al Jazeera’s Sohail Rahman highlights the fact that over 50 per cent of Indians have no access to clean toilets. It focuses on the lack of facilities in India’s growing cities and in schools. The report features rural development minister Jairam Ramesh, the inevitable Bindeshwar Pathak of Sulabh International and UNICEF India’s Suzanne Coates.
How many times do you visit Sanitation Updates per month?
- registration - by: poorpeople123 February 23, 2017Yes, I am glad to work in this field ! Sincerely, Nagendra Prasad Rijal Founder/ Chairman Sakcham Rural Nepal www.srn.org.np
- Re: Best decentralized treatment solution for a city without a centralized sewage system? (Question about Kabul, Afghanistan) - by: goeco February 23, 2017Centralised systems discharge to waterways. The opportunity I see is in greening Kabul productively, using water originally pumped from under the ground, adding nutrients to it from human effluent, then actually using it productively, either for irrigating amenity plantings or even better productive tree crops. If this could be done safely and at low cost th […]
- Re: Take part in edit-a-thon on 19-20 March (and before) to improve Wikipedia for Public Awareness, Advocacy and Civil Society Engagement - by: drspmehra February 23, 2017I would like to submit from my experiences on the topic: 1. Inclusion of customary and indigenous approach (customs and traditions) of different cultures/ ethnic groups/ nations on the topic; 2. Linking local grass root level team with the regional and global platform with due respect to their customs & traditions on the Wikipedia; 3. Wikipedia app for t […]
- Re: Take part in edit-a-thon on 19-20 March (and before) to improve Wikipedia for Public Awareness, Advocacy and Civil Society Engagement - by: keriem February 23, 2017Yes iam interested
- No subject - by: CROCODILA February 23, 2017I'm a freelance journalist based in Nairobi, Kenya. I am interested.
- registration - by: poorpeople123 February 23, 2017
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites