New Delhi promised to build hundreds of public toilets for the 2010 Commonwealth Games. Only 9 were built, and none of them are functioning. This short report from Al Jazeera’s Sohail Rahman highlights the fact that over 50 per cent of Indians have no access to clean toilets. It focuses on the lack of facilities in India’s growing cities and in schools. The report features rural development minister Jairam Ramesh, the inevitable Bindeshwar Pathak of Sulabh International and UNICEF India’s Suzanne Coates.
What are your sanitation information sources?
- Urinoirs secs dans les rues de Paris, Lyon et Nantes - by: cecile January 16, 2017Reportage de la radio France Inter du 27 décembre 2016. Des urinoirs secs vont être installés autour de la Gare de Lyon à Paris, pour éviter les pipis sauvages contre les murs Peut-être imaginez-vous, lorsque vous entendez parler de toilettes sèches, être face à une démarche écologique et militante. Si la protection de la nature est toujours une nécessité, l […]
- Re: How can companies incentivise sanitation - by: ossai January 16, 2017This presentation is insightful and timely for us that are focusing on Water Sanitation and Hygiene in Schools. My addition is that besides encouraging companies to institute volunteers corps as a CSR component, the program implementers should ensure that they design a platform that companies can also leverage on their contribution on WASH to improve their b […]
- Re: Sharing your experience (Corporate Engagement in Sanitation) - by: magdalenabauer January 16, 2017Dear all, thank you for your contribution to the first topic of the discussion! I would like to share two things with you connected to this threat: First, Jayanti Shukla from United Way send us another contribution and final comment (posting on her behalf): With many proactive measures taken by the government to drive the Swachh Bharat campaign for a defecat […]
- Dry toilets in Ethiopia - by: nolete January 16, 2017Hello, I am volunteer in an NGO that wants to improve and extend a School in Ethiopia. We need to build toilets for the students. Our first proposal was to build dry toilets but after the design phase the cooperative that has to provide the company to build it, said that thay cannot build it. The want to build pit latrines because it is what they know. It wo […]
- Getting the bigger picture - Creating sanitation systems for whole cities. City-wide planning and the role of FSM in the case of India - by: dirkwalther January 16, 2017Dear Members, As an expert in hydrogeology, water engineering and management I have more than twenty years of professional experiences in the water sector. Working mostly abroad in South America and Asia it became my keen interest to understand prevailing water engineering and management systems and to look for opportunities to upgrade them. Since 2009 I am […]
- Urinoirs secs dans les rues de Paris, Lyon et Nantes - by: cecile January 16, 2017
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites