New Delhi promised to build hundreds of public toilets for the 2010 Commonwealth Games. Only 9 were built, and none of them are functioning. This short report from Al Jazeera’s Sohail Rahman highlights the fact that over 50 per cent of Indians have no access to clean toilets. It focuses on the lack of facilities in India’s growing cities and in schools. The report features rural development minister Jairam Ramesh, the inevitable Bindeshwar Pathak of Sulabh International and UNICEF India’s Suzanne Coates.
How many times do you visit Sanitation Updates per month?
- Re: Regular septic tanks vs Biodigester septic tanks - by: JKMakowka April 26, 2017It's probably not meant as a biogas plant but digestion similar to "effective microorganisms" of dubious effectiveness. Do a forum search and you will find more details.
- Re: Inspiring "simple" Nano-bubbles (Ultra fine bubbles) technology for "simple" wwtp's !? - by: JKMakowka April 26, 2017Seems interesting for many applications, but the apparent need of a high pressure pump for efficient bubble generation will probably make it relatively expensive both in system and operation costs.
- Fwd: Thematic Discussion on case studies. Defining the Scope of Case Study Research - What is a best practice? - by: spodipireddy April 26, 2017Referring to: 1. What is a best practice / case study? Who qualifies that? Can we use an alternate terminology for this kind of research. Girija Bharat, Director, Mu Gamma Consultants Pvt Ltd., is leading this topic. It will be open for your comments for a week, till 26th April In my view, a case study is where a best practices has been tried and tested – de […]
- Regular septic tanks vs Biodigester septic tanks - by: jamesoriga April 26, 2017Hi guys,I am James from Kenya,Nairobi There is this sudden surge of suppliers of and contractors of "Bio-digester" septic tanks" especially on social media marketing in Kenya. All sort of individuals and companies coming up with such claims of "we construct biodigester septis tanks that you will never need to exhaust...." and many ot […]
- Moldova: 2 national technical standards - one for construction and operation of UDDT and one for construction and operation of constructed wetlands - by: CWendland April 26, 2017Dear UDDT fans, in Moldova there have been developed 2 national technical standards - one for construction and operation of UDDT and one for construction and operation of constructed wetlands. I think that they are very good guiding documents for constructors and are available in English, Romanian and Russian language. They also give references to the struct […]
- Re: Regular septic tanks vs Biodigester septic tanks - by: JKMakowka April 26, 2017
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites