New Delhi promised to build hundreds of public toilets for the 2010 Commonwealth Games. Only 9 were built, and none of them are functioning. This short report from Al Jazeera’s Sohail Rahman highlights the fact that over 50 per cent of Indians have no access to clean toilets. It focuses on the lack of facilities in India’s growing cities and in schools. The report features rural development minister Jairam Ramesh, the inevitable Bindeshwar Pathak of Sulabh International and UNICEF India’s Suzanne Coates.
- Re: SuSanA Capacity Development Working Group meeting at Stockholm WWW 2016, Tuesday 30 August from 14.00- 15.30h - by: dorothee.spuhler August 24, 2016Dear all Find enclosed the agenda for the upcoming meeting. We are going to have two parts of the meeting: first some exciting presentation: Role of youth in SDG 6-9 Business Development & Business Matchmaking Services About the dimensions of capacity and change in time ...followed by an interactive workshop on "Capacity gaps and the SDG’s" and […]
- Re: India's Swacch Bharat Mission (SBM) needs a bagful of ideas for success ! - by: CFAR August 24, 2016Dear Sidhhartha/Nitya, As part of this conversation thread around good practice documentation, would like to share a detailed case study on how CFAR in Jaipur, has ensured that the urban poor get their IHHL under SBM through persistent community engagement processes. Will be happy to get your responses on the same Thanks Shramana Majumder CFAR
- Re: SFD exchange meeting in Stockholm - 26 August 2016 - by: Doreen August 24, 2016Dear Cecilia, Thank you for the information. I look forward to the SFD exchange meeting particularly on how the SFD concept can be integrated by urban water utilities. Best regards, Doreen
- Re: Invitation to the SuSanA WG7 meeting jointly with the Open House Session at ARUWE on 20 June - by: CWendland August 24, 2016Dear all, here are some results of the wg7 meeting in Uganda where we discussed about gender sensitive indicators for SDG6 www.wecf.eu/english/articles/2016/07/SDG-ruralUganda.php Please let me know if you are interested in working on gender sensitive indicators for the SDG6! Best regards Claudia
- Re: Sigmund Freud, the missing link in Water and Sanitation? - Seminar at Stockholm World Water Week Aug 28, 2016 - by: ThePuru August 24, 2016Hi Arno-- I SO wish I could be a part of this session. I enjoyed reading the questions--very incisive. Will you share your slides and core content after Stockholm? I would be very curious to see. I look forward, at least, to seeing the selfies! Thanks so much. Shawn
- Re: SuSanA Capacity Development Working Group meeting at Stockholm WWW 2016, Tuesday 30 August from 14.00- 15.30h - by: dorothee.spuhler August 24, 2016
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites