New Delhi promised to build hundreds of public toilets for the 2010 Commonwealth Games. Only 9 were built, and none of them are functioning. This short report from Al Jazeera’s Sohail Rahman highlights the fact that over 50 per cent of Indians have no access to clean toilets. It focuses on the lack of facilities in India’s growing cities and in schools. The report features rural development minister Jairam Ramesh, the inevitable Bindeshwar Pathak of Sulabh International and UNICEF India’s Suzanne Coates.
- Re: Kampala Sanihub Project (Uganda) - by: osbert September 30, 2016Dear Friends, Find some products that the Sanihub has developed from varoius stages over the past few years. They include; Emptying devices, capture for urban, peri-urban and rural, treatment and reuse of sludge. For regular updates especially as regards field performance follow us on twitter @WFPSaniHub (twitter.com/WFPSaniHub)
- Re: What could be standard for Hand Washing Station at School - by: janschlenk September 30, 2016Dear all, Today a new publication has been added to the SuSanA Library which could be of interest especially for this forum threat. Scaling up Group Handwashing in Schools - Compendium of group washing facilities across the globe is the result of a collaboration between the UNICEF Programme Division WASH, New York, the GIZ Regional Fit for School Programme a […]
- Re: Theme 2: Implementation Level - by: ThomasLangkau September 30, 2016In relation to the previous post and the School Stories on the SuSanA wiki:
- Re: Is there any guideline and design to calculate toilets and urinals for school - by: JKMakowka September 30, 2016Normally this should be specified in the country's regulations of school construction. Here in the Philippines it is a subsection in the general "sanitary code" (attached as a sample, i.e. not really applicable outside of the Philippines) which has been published by the Ministry of Health, but it really varies from country to country who is in […]
- Is there any guideline and design to calculate toilets and urinals for school - by: bineshroy September 30, 2016Hi I am looking a guideline/standard to calculate number of toilet required based on student ratio for public school. For example, toilet:student ratio needs to be 1:50 and sometimes it is not practical to construct 40 cubical when a school have 2,000 students. So, is there any guideline how to calculate number of urinal required for girls and boys. Is thare […]
- Re: Kampala Sanihub Project (Uganda) - by: osbert September 30, 2016
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites