New Delhi promised to build hundreds of public toilets for the 2010 Commonwealth Games. Only 9 were built, and none of them are functioning. This short report from Al Jazeera’s Sohail Rahman highlights the fact that over 50 per cent of Indians have no access to clean toilets. It focuses on the lack of facilities in India’s growing cities and in schools. The report features rural development minister Jairam Ramesh, the inevitable Bindeshwar Pathak of Sulabh International and UNICEF India’s Suzanne Coates.
- Impact of drinking water, sanitation and handwashing with soap on childhood diarrhoeal disease - by: F H Mughal May 20, 2018Impact of drinking water, sanitation and handwashing with soap on childhood diarrhoeal disease It is somewhat not quite common to have a star-studded paper (meaning that the authors are great names in water and sanitation) – the great names, I’m referring to, are: Jennyfer Wolf, Annette Pruss-Ustun, Jamie Bartram, Sophie Bonjour, Valerie Curtis, Jennifer De […]
- London Sewer-Clogging Fatbergs - by: F H Mughal May 20, 2018Yes, I agree with your views. In addition, I think the current life style in Britain and the plastic problem has its share of creating sanitary problems. F H Mughal
- anaerobic wastewater treatment plant design (UASB) - by: F H Mughal May 20, 2018Attached is a publication on anaerobic reactors. Sec: 5.2 gives the design of USAB Enjoy! F H Mughal
- London Sewer-Clogging Fatbergs - by: SusannahClemence May 20, 2018Hence the value of recording traditional technologies, cultures and habits of menstrual management. They may contain ideas transferable to struggling European waste management systems.
- Soil Pollution by Sewage - by: F H Mughal May 20, 2018There is a button on the LHS that says: Message. Click on it and send your message
- Impact of drinking water, sanitation and handwashing with soap on childhood diarrhoeal disease - by: F H Mughal May 20, 2018