New Delhi promised to build hundreds of public toilets for the 2010 Commonwealth Games. Only 9 were built, and none of them are functioning. This short report from Al Jazeera’s Sohail Rahman highlights the fact that over 50 per cent of Indians have no access to clean toilets. It focuses on the lack of facilities in India’s growing cities and in schools. The report features rural development minister Jairam Ramesh, the inevitable Bindeshwar Pathak of Sulabh International and UNICEF India’s Suzanne Coates.
- USAID/WASHPaLS grant to test innovative behavior change interventions that reduce exposure to poultry excreta for children - by: campbelldb April 26, 2018USAID/WASHPaLS is seeking expressions of interest from eligible entities to propose and test innovative behavior change interventions that reduce exposure to poultry excreta for children under 5 years old. Find additional information and a copy of the solicitation documents here . To apply, download the application here . For anyone who might have trouble ac […]
- Open Source: “Simple” but professional automated gravity distribution to CW for pre-treated sewage by “floating Valves” & by “self-priming Siphon’s” for raw sewage, made by DIY?! - by: JKMakowka April 26, 2018Thanks a lot for posting about this here and also open-sourcing these designs. I think this is a really important step in breaking a very common and highly problematic chicken-egg sort of issue that you can find in many countries and projects. i.e people shy away from planning works that require difficult to import components, which in turn leads to total un […]
- General Data Protection Regulation - by: F H Mughal April 26, 2018Dear Ms. Franziska, Your deeper and useful insights are most welcomed. I'm sure, your administrative steps will benefit the forum users. When you approach the users, kindly attach a brief note, on why the Susana secretariat is doing this. Regards, F H Mughal
- General Data Protection Regulation - by: FranziskaVolk April 26, 2018Dear Mr. Mughal, you are definitely right, this is a big task for all companies and networks to get all members to reconfirm. If you haven't done it yet, you can accept the new data policy - which actually grants more rights to the user, so you will sign "better" data policy guidelines from the user perspective - under "Change your detail […]
- Improving Wikipedia article on "Waste stabilization ponds" - by: muench April 26, 2018Thanks, Marcos, that's good. Do tell me more about this:we will check/update/revise/create articles related to technological solutions for water supply, sanitation, solid waste management and storm water management in rural areas Is this a funded activity or voluntary? Is the Portuguese Wikipedia popular in Brazil? (personally, I hardly ever use the Ger […]
- USAID/WASHPaLS grant to test innovative behavior change interventions that reduce exposure to poultry excreta for children - by: campbelldb April 26, 2018