New Delhi promised to build hundreds of public toilets for the 2010 Commonwealth Games. Only 9 were built, and none of them are functioning. This short report from Al Jazeera’s Sohail Rahman highlights the fact that over 50 per cent of Indians have no access to clean toilets. It focuses on the lack of facilities in India’s growing cities and in schools. The report features rural development minister Jairam Ramesh, the inevitable Bindeshwar Pathak of Sulabh International and UNICEF India’s Suzanne Coates.
- Introducing Beaumont from the United States of America: A new partner organisation of SuSanA - by: secretariat October 25, 2016We would like to welcome Beaumont from the United States of America as a new SuSanA partner organisation! The following text is taken from their application form and was written by the partner organisation themselves. Description and Activities in Sustainable Sanitation: Beaumont is a Honolulu-based company that provides industrial design, mechanical enginee […]
- Re: New MHM brief available from PMA2020: Niger - by: SusannahClemence October 24, 2016Thank you for your kind response, Alec. If you hear of any such qualitative studies I would very much like to read them in detail - I am trying to keep up with the latest research, and it's not always easy to hear of it. Thanks again, Susannah
- Re: New MHM brief available from PMA2020: Niger - by: aks0813 October 24, 2016Hi Susannah, Thank you for your questions. For having everything the need, respondents are asked to self-report any resources, materials or changes in the environment that would help them to manage their menstrual hygiene that they do not already have. This ranges from options such as clean water, soap, absorbent materials, pain medication, safe facilities, […]
- Re: Thematic discussion: 24th October – 12th November 2016 (Linking WASH to other development sectors) - by: rochelleholm October 24, 2016Welcome to the Week 1 thematic discussion on Linking WASH to other development sectors. This week we will look at WASH and Nutrition. The session this week is being led by Megan Wilson-Jones and Dan Jones of WaterAid. Growing evidence suggests that the links between nutrition and water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) are stronger than previously understood. T […]
- Re: Request for advice on UDDT slab design - and drying in vaults that are below ground? - by: Angus October 24, 2016Thanks all for the advice, it's very useful! Controversially, we aren't putting a vent pipe on the first round of UDDTs. This is because normally for any type of latrine the vent pipe is the first thing to go wrong, and I think that in this hot climate the faeces will be able to dry through the drop holes and through gaps in the structure. If it se […]
- Introducing Beaumont from the United States of America: A new partner organisation of SuSanA - by: secretariat October 25, 2016
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites