New Delhi promised to build hundreds of public toilets for the 2010 Commonwealth Games. Only 9 were built, and none of them are functioning. This short report from Al Jazeera’s Sohail Rahman highlights the fact that over 50 per cent of Indians have no access to clean toilets. It focuses on the lack of facilities in India’s growing cities and in schools. The report features rural development minister Jairam Ramesh, the inevitable Bindeshwar Pathak of Sulabh International and UNICEF India’s Suzanne Coates.
- Re: Reducing desiccation time for feces in UDDT - question on research parameters - by: evemackinnon7 November 21, 2017Following this up David
- Strauch (1991) 'Pathogen Safety Zone Graph' Is it relevant?! - by: evemackinnon7 November 21, 2017Thanks for this, yes I have the World Bank book sitting beside now and have reviewed the chapters in detail that contain the individual temperature time die of graph, from what Strauch developed the comprehensive safety zone graph. The thing is and I find troubling is - is it relevant to use with thermophilic composting systems for treatment of raw faecal sl […]
- Strauch (1991) 'Pathogen Safety Zone Graph' - by: muench November 21, 2017Just wanted to point out that we've had a related discussion here on the forum: forum.susana.org/34-urine-diversion-syst...rch-parameters#21072 The title of that thread was: Reducing desiccation time for feces in UDDT - question on research parameters David Crosweller, who I think had a similar question to you, posted there: forum.susana.org/34-urine-di […]
- Evapotranspiration Toilet with a difference from India - by: muench November 21, 2017Dear Rajiv, Thanks for pointing this out. In my role as moderator, I have now moved the previous posts on this toilet type into this new thread by Nitya. I think it makes sense to keep it all together in one thread. Regards, Elisabeth
- menstrual cups, MHM work at PATH - by: muench November 21, 2017Regarding cheap menstrual cups, have you seen the posts by Chris where he recommended cheap menstrual cups from a Chinese manufacturer? See here: forum.susana.org/231-menstrual-cups/2140...tured-in-china#22508 He wrote:At some point, I may publish here the name of the Chinese factory that I buy from, but I am concerned that if they get too famous they may ra […]
- Re: Reducing desiccation time for feces in UDDT - question on research parameters - by: evemackinnon7 November 21, 2017