New Delhi promised to build hundreds of public toilets for the 2010 Commonwealth Games. Only 9 were built, and none of them are functioning. This short report from Al Jazeera’s Sohail Rahman highlights the fact that over 50 per cent of Indians have no access to clean toilets. It focuses on the lack of facilities in India’s growing cities and in schools. The report features rural development minister Jairam Ramesh, the inevitable Bindeshwar Pathak of Sulabh International and UNICEF India’s Suzanne Coates.
What type of content is most useful for you?
- Every Social Development relies on Sanitation(clean Water) factors to become 100% complete... The problem is always "HOW?". Who agrees with me? - by: Forkom July 24, 2017I am A Social entrepreneur and I will like; not to only share my knowledge on the developments I have made but also to spark out a discussion with like minded brains to discuss, acquaint and show interest on developing our underprivileged communities across the world. Schools,Hospitals,Housing projects/residential Housings, markets, and every project with th […]
- Sanitation As A Business Workshop focused on SSA - is this of interest? (UNICEF Zambia are considering hosting a workshop) - by: Forkom July 24, 2017Hi, I am new to the group and I hope I'm not late as concerns this workshop. I am a social entrepreneur with a three years dedication to working on various innovative business models that can serve consumers in various communities right down to those at the base of the pyramid; creating a huge social impact/upgrading lives while still making profits and […]
- Interested in Container Based Sanitation? Here's what you missed from SanCop... - by: ben July 24, 2017Dear Esther, Thank you very much for sharing this report. We are at Ecosec (French cooperative based in Montpellier / France) very interested in container Based solutions and were sad we couldn't attend this meeting. We're curently working on european style container based solutions (Link to the video) for festival. I started my toilet designer car […]
- Report on French researches on Urine Re-use - by: ben July 24, 2017Dear all, We are pleased to share with you the report done on research center dedicated on Urine re-use. This report has been done by the Ecosec team during a 2 weeks trip all over the country in June 2017. We hope you'll find it usefull and we stay at your disposal if you have any questions. Best, Ben
- Scaling up capacity building initiatives in FSM - by: jamespharper July 24, 2017I would suggest looking up iDE Cambodia. They have done a lot of capacity building and value chain improvement in sanitation in Cambodia over the past 20 years. They have published myriad papers on their successes and failures.
- Every Social Development relies on Sanitation(clean Water) factors to become 100% complete... The problem is always "HOW?". Who agrees with me? - by: Forkom July 24, 2017