New Delhi promised to build hundreds of public toilets for the 2010 Commonwealth Games. Only 9 were built, and none of them are functioning. This short report from Al Jazeera’s Sohail Rahman highlights the fact that over 50 per cent of Indians have no access to clean toilets. It focuses on the lack of facilities in India’s growing cities and in schools. The report features rural development minister Jairam Ramesh, the inevitable Bindeshwar Pathak of Sulabh International and UNICEF India’s Suzanne Coates.
- In french : Le mémento de l’assainissement vient de paraître - by: MarionS February 22, 2018Bonjour Cécile, La méthode de découpage de la filière en maillon est un débat permanent entre ceux qui y voit trois maillons, ceux qui y voient 4 ou 5 ! Nous avons donc fait certains choix, pour des raisons de lisibilité du propos, mais l'essentiel du message est de prendre en compte l'ensemble de la filière, quelque soit la manière dont elle est d […]
- The Sanitation handbook has just been published - by: MarionS February 22, 2018Dear Kris, Indeed the memento de l'assainissement is only available in french so far, but we hope to finance a translation in english for 2019 (and maybe in other language if there is a demand). Thanks for your interest. Marion
- The Sanitation handbook has just been published - by: cecile February 22, 2018Dear Kris, The memento de l’assainissement is a comprehensive guide book on sanitation technologies, design and management options (848 pages!), with clear topic presentations, exemples from past programs and practical factsheets. It is the French version of eawag’s Compendium and Clues combined together. Please find the table of content in English hereunder […]
- Water Sector Trust Fund Job Vacancies - by: Doreen February 22, 2018Dear All, Under the European Union - 11th European Development Fund, the Water Sector Trust Fund has received funding to implement the Climate Proofed InfRAstructure Programme (EU-CPIRA). This programme is a National and County government partnership, contributing towards the Common Framework on Ending Drought Emergencies in Kenya. The following new programm […]
- Reply: Guidelines and Policies on FSM with a global focus - by: cecile February 22, 2018Dear Sharda, I suggest you have a look at the international Fecal Sludge Management Conferences articles and resources. FSM4 which took place last year in Chennai in India has a website with interesting resources. You can access it here: www.fsm4.susana.org/ IWA also published Guidelines on FSM and it is part of the reference documents in the sector. Best re […]
- In french : Le mémento de l’assainissement vient de paraître - by: MarionS February 22, 2018