New Delhi promised to build hundreds of public toilets for the 2010 Commonwealth Games. Only 9 were built, and none of them are functioning. This short report from Al Jazeera’s Sohail Rahman highlights the fact that over 50 per cent of Indians have no access to clean toilets. It focuses on the lack of facilities in India’s growing cities and in schools. The report features rural development minister Jairam Ramesh, the inevitable Bindeshwar Pathak of Sulabh International and UNICEF India’s Suzanne Coates.
- ~500,000 people in the U.S.A. lack adequate water and sanitation - by: KaiMikkel September 27, 2016A population roughly the size of Malta's and all residing within the boarders of the wealthiest country on earth (the United States of America) does not have access to adequate sanitation and water: http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/09/27/health/plumbing-united-states-poverty.html?_r=1&referer=
- TDS: Suggested readings for thematic discussion on sector integration - by: phynes September 27, 2016Dear Forum Members, The following readings have been selected to help give some background to this conversation and the need for integration. If you have a chance, look through these documents to prepare yourself for our conversation: (1) Preventing environmental enteric dysfunction through improved water, sanitation and hygiene: an opportunity for stunting […]
- TDS: Invitation to participate in our thematic discussion on sector integration - by: phynes September 27, 2016Dear Forum Members, You are invited to a thematic discussion around integration in the first 1,000 days hosted by the newly launched BabyWASH Coalition and called: Integrating sectors to address the holistic needs of children – how and when to integrate? The new era of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) has enhanced the conversation around the need for […]
- Re: Theme 1: Policy Issues on the Regional and Global Level - by: CONSOLATE September 27, 2016Dear Katrin, Thank you for the summary. Just some comments: - There is no lack of cooperation but there is a need of enhancing cooperation at high level - I believe that teachers have some knowledge and capacity. There is a need of building their knowledge and capacity. Thank you Consolate
- Re: Theme 1: Policy Issues on the Regional and Global Level - by: PhilipPurnell September 27, 2016I agree that nutrition has a crucial impact on student learning outcomes having particular high impact on brain development in early child development. Globally, both health and education research points to the critical link between adequate nutrition/malnutrition and child learning. This is why many Ministries of Education in Southeast Asia prioritize schoo […]
- ~500,000 people in the U.S.A. lack adequate water and sanitation - by: KaiMikkel September 27, 2016
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites