New Delhi promised to build hundreds of public toilets for the 2010 Commonwealth Games. Only 9 were built, and none of them are functioning. This short report from Al Jazeera’s Sohail Rahman highlights the fact that over 50 per cent of Indians have no access to clean toilets. It focuses on the lack of facilities in India’s growing cities and in schools. The report features rural development minister Jairam Ramesh, the inevitable Bindeshwar Pathak of Sulabh International and UNICEF India’s Suzanne Coates.
- Re: How to measure helminth eggs (in a reuse context) - by: muench April 25, 2018Pradip Gyawali has published another paper on this topic which I would like to bring to your attention. He has posted in this thread before (scroll up). This paper was published in Feb 2018 in the IWA journal Water, Science and Technology. Title: Infectious helminth ova in wastewater and sludge: A review on public health issues and current quantification pra […]
- In french : Le mémento de l’assainissement vient de paraître - by: muench April 25, 2018By the way, I asked Cécile how this document was funded and she told me: +++++++ The funding is from different agencies: • Gret = Gret themselves • Syndicat interdépartemental pour l’assainissement de l’agglomération parisienne (SIAAP) = It a public company responsible for domestic and industrial sanitation in Paris urban area. It is a unique governance sche […]
- ACF paper on WASH and Nutrition Causal Analysis has been awarded as best Waterlines Journal paper 2017 - call for support in finalising the WASH Nutrition elearning modules - by: jla April 25, 2018Dear WASH and Nutrition colleagues, Each year the publishers of the journal Practical Action Publishing / Waterlines supports an award for the best paper in the previous calendar year. ACF paper on WASH & Nutrition Causal Analysis (NCA) presenting where WASH sector stands as undernutrition determinant, published in the October 2017 issue, has been select […]
- Sanitary Waste - by: ratidzaishe April 25, 2018These can be disposed off by recycling the plastic and then having the biodegradable waste treated for biogas production.
- General Data Protection Regulation - by: FranziskaVolk April 25, 2018Dear Mr. Mughal, thank you for this post - I am happy to see forum users being interested in the new EU data policy. Of course, the new EU data policy (GDPR) will apply to this forum as well. In theory, the GDPR only applies to EU citizens’ data, but the global nature of the internet means that nearly every online service is affected. The transition phase of […]
- Re: How to measure helminth eggs (in a reuse context) - by: muench April 25, 2018