How many times do you visit Sanitation Updates per month?
- Re: Vermi-Trickling Filters for Sewage Treatment (looking for help to design) - by: goeco February 22, 2017Hi Aditi, Thats amazing that India now require similar levels of BOD to New Zealand for surface application/discharge. Indeed if using garden soil as your filtration medium you would need infiltration rates that can be maintained over time. One important factor to consider when using soil is that it needs to be at the right moisture content when packing the […]
- Re: New group handwashing device - by: JKMakowka February 22, 2017Ah, this looks indeed like a usability improvement over the previous version that I have seen in a few schools. However it also looks much more complicated to produce, while the previous version could be mostly locally build... But my main issue with these type of devices is that they encourage a kind of "hand washing cargo cult". Children will hap […]
- New group handwashing device - by: muench February 22, 2017Hi, At the 10-year SuSanA celebration meeting in Eschborn in January, this new group handwashing device as promoted by Fit for Schools in the Philippines was on display: Those things that are hanging there are pieces of soap in a nylon sock, I think. Could someone involved in this innovation please explain to us what the new features are? I recall overhearin […]
- Re: “Contribution of Sustainable Sanitation to the Agenda 2030 for Sustainable Development” – SuSanA’s revised Vision Document now open for discussion! - by: muench February 22, 2017Dear Sowmya, Thanks for your post with all these really interesting ideas. I am just a little bit at a loss how you would want to see those integrated into the 4-page document that we are meant to comment on here ("Contribution of Sustainable Sanitation to the Agenda 2030 for Sustainable Development”)? I think the call for comments was more for things t […]
- Re: Working Group 11 (groundwater) members: please take part in edit-a-thon on 19-20 March (and before) to improve Wikipedia for groundwater - by: kanalwolf February 22, 2017Dear All, In addition to what Elisabeth wrote, please consider also the following: Some of Wikipedia articles are already quite detailed and well described. But the OTHER LANGUAGES either have no or very basic information on groundwater protection ans sanitation aspects. If some of you speak two languages, you cold provide a big support by translating the mo […]
- Re: Vermi-Trickling Filters for Sewage Treatment (looking for help to design) - by: goeco February 22, 2017
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites