What are your sanitation information sources?
- Re: Topic 1: FSM beyond awareness and tools - by: martadomini January 17, 2017Dear all, thanks for this interesting discussion and I am sorry arriving late! I am pHd student in Italy working on sanitation issues in particular in Africa. During my research I studied and tested different sanitation planning tools (Sanitation Safety Planning between them) and I agree with sujaya that many tools exist, and valid ones, but sometimes there […]
- Re: Getting the bigger picture - Creating sanitation systems for whole cities. City-wide planning and the role of FSM in the case of India - by: scopeagency January 17, 2017Dear All, This is very good topic The below points are considered to make a clean and healthy city sanitation environment 1. Accessibility of toilets : Household toilet, Community toilet and Public toilet. 2. Fixing the Urinals:example Market places etc., 3. Solid waste management 4. Source segregation : 1. Degradable 2. Non degradable 5. Composting househol […]
- WASH infrastructure mapping and planning - by: MarinaAndj January 17, 2017What are the best GIS tools for water and sanitation mapping? Is there an online simple user-friendly web-based tool which can enable geographical representation of data? Please leave a comment on the following link - bit.ly/2jELtbX
- Best decentralized treatment solution for a city without a centralized sewage system? - by: MarinaAndj January 17, 2017The Water Network Team has consolidated an answer to best treatment solutions for a city without a centralized sewage system. We would like to hear your input and suggestions. This is an important topic and all ideas are appreciated. Please leave a comment on the following link - bit.ly/2juvRKq Most of the cities in Afghanistan are built without a proper […]
- Re: The Tiger Toilet which works with worms - like in-situ vermi-composting (field trials in India, Uganda and Burma) - Bear Valley Ventures Limited, UK - by: goeco January 17, 2017Hi Stephen, yes an excellent innovation having the toilet "bowl" on a hinge and even better that your local "makers" are producing this themselves from easily sourced materials. Also a great idea to recycle the washwater for the bowl. I'd be even more impressed if your methods were open sourced and available to everyone. Jonathan, ha […]
- Re: Topic 1: FSM beyond awareness and tools - by: martadomini January 17, 2017
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites