What sanitation topics you are interested in?
- Re: How can companies incentivise sanitation - by: msrikanth December 10, 2016Hi all, Many thanks for your valuable and insightful contribution to the much needed topic for thought and action. Myself, Srikanth Meesa working for a green technology firm Vision Earthcare incubated by IIT Bombay. We have a green technology called CAMuS SBT ( Continuous Advanced Multi Stage Soil Bio Technology) to treat the wastewater and produce a high qu […]
- Re: Google Maps for Locating Clean Toilets - by: zvig December 9, 2016I have to say this can find utility in the developed countries as well. I can't speak for every country, but my guess is that a frequent cause of open urination and defecation in countries I lived in or visited is the inability to find a public toilet (or their unavailability). Such an application, therefore, can find universal utility, even where waste […]
- Re: Sanitation for the Homeless in the US - by: markllo December 9, 20161. There are a few sanctioned camps that sanitation is provided, but there are large swaths unsanctioned camps where there is no formal sanitation. 2. Yes, I do an weekly evacuation run. I had a naive notion early on that the residents do this but it was not realistic. Partially it is due to the nature of the people in the encampments and is non-trival to fi […]
- Re: How can companies incentivise sanitation - by: sanjayg111 December 9, 2016Diana You can look at the role of MFIs in Kenya in Sanitation here. I was part of the team that did the evaluation of a program called WaterCredit supported by MasterCard Foundation. rwsnforum7.files.wordpress.com/2016/11/f...335_gupta_sanjay.pdf If you need more detail, you can write to me at This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need Ja […]
- Re: How can companies incentivise sanitation - by: sandhyat December 9, 2016Hi Everyone, This is turning out be a very informative discussion. Hopefully, someone from the corporate sector can share their insights. I agree with Nitya- for incentivisation, we need to reward companies for their behavior rather than adopt a "shame" approach. Our experience with corporates is that many of them are not well versed with what sani […]
- Re: How can companies incentivise sanitation - by: msrikanth December 10, 2016
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites