What sanitation topics you are interested in?
- small biogas system linked with CHP to produce electricity - by: wini December 7, 2016Dear All, i am working in productive sanitation for IDP settlements in South Darfur. i was looking for technology options to produce electricity from shared and public latrines. Does anyone have an idea about low cost biogas plant and CHP systems. or any studies regarding the topic. Thanks, Wini
- Re: Operation and Maintenance of School Toilet in low resource (especially water scarcity) settings - by: KaiMikkel December 7, 2016Following up on what Krischan wrote, I just checked and at least one part of Guinea receives annual rainfall of 4,300mm (163 inches!). So, based on what you've written it sounds like the problem is not a lack of access to water but either a lack of impermeable roofing material (corrugated steel for instance) and/or a lack of some or all of the other nec […]
- 23rd SuSanA meeting, 17-18 February 2017 - Registration is open now! - by: secretariat December 7, 2016Dear all, we are happy to let you know that the 23rd SuSanA meeting will take place on 17-18 February 2017 prior to the Faecal Sludge Management Conference (FSM4) in Chennai, India. The outline for both days is destined as follows: 17 February 2017 (SuSanA WG Meeting and Open Exchange Forum, half day): SuSanA WG 7 Meeting on WASH in Schools Open Exchange For […]
- Re: Sanitation for the Homeless in the US - by: muench December 7, 2016Very interesting conversation, thanks. Mughal, you asked: I’m surprised to learn that you have homeless people camps in US, and that, they practice open defecation (OD). Homeless people camps and people practicing OD, are common problems in poor developing countries, like Pakistan. OD is also practiced in India and Bangladesh. It is almost unbelievable to no […]
- Re: studies on MHM and schoolgirls' health and schooling - by: JenniferRubli December 7, 2016Hello Penny and others, This is such a great discussion happening here! The issue of deliberate absenteeism is interesting and very important, especially as, as has been mentioned in this thread, in the virtual MHM conference, and in several recent studies, absenteeism does not seem to be a valid indicator; an RCT in Nepal (Oster & Thornton, 2010) showed […]
- small biogas system linked with CHP to produce electricity - by: wini December 7, 2016
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites