Water and Sanitation for Africa (WSA) will launch the African Sanitation Think Tank (ASTT) at a high level forum in Senegal this December. The aim of the think thank is show how sanitation policies can be translated into action on the ground.
The initial ASTT activities will be based on the interim findings from two WSA studies – ‘Economic and Financial Models for Pricing and Setting Sanitation Tariffs for the benefit of the Urban Poor’ and ‘On-site Sanitation’.
The ASTT launch will take place during the 2nd Africa High Level Forum on Water and Sanitation for all, which is scheduled for 12-14 December 2012 in Dakar, Senegal. The theme of the forum is “Innovative Financing and Investments to accelerate access to water and sanitation in Africa”.
Other sanitation-related highlights of the forum include:
- a session led by His Royal Highness Prince of Orange on UNSGAB’s ‘Sanitation Drive to 2015’ Initiative
- Innovations Fair – Re-Invent the Toilet: Africa
- Launch of the Sanitation and Water for Africa Development Initiative Fund (SWADIF)
Related web sites:
- 2nd Africa High Level Forum on Water and Sanitation for all
- Water and Sanitation for Africa (WSA)
- UNSGAB – ‘Sanitation Drive to 2015’