This issue contains some of the latest news and announcements about the role of entrepreneurs in providing water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) and household energy products and services. This includes several winners of the Social Entrepreneurs 2012 award by the Schwab Foundation and USAID support for commercializing hand washing and establishing markets for cookstoves in Haiti. Also included is a link to cookstove market assessments by the Global Alliance for Clean Cookstoves, which provide suggestions for removing barriers that prevent the creation of a cookstove market for more than 20 countries.
- WaSH & climate change report from COP23 - by: CGenevaux December 18, 2017Hello, pS-Eau has published its report of its presence at the COP23, organised under the presidency of Fiji in Bonn this year. The report includes a focus on WASH services and the minutes of a side-event organised by ps-Eau on the links between climate change and WaSH services. Download the report in English : This attachment is hidden for guests.Please log […]
- From missing market incentives to misaligned incentives What is choking India’s rural sanitation progress? - by: Thakur December 18, 2017A powerful point raised demanding adequate attention while talking about targets of .....number of toilets.
- SuSanA webinar: Ghana private sector actors facilitate innovations, learning and knowledge management in sanitation 18th December 14:00 (GMT) - by: conniebenjamin December 18, 2017Many thanks to all who attended, and to Ama and Simon for their great presentations! The discussion afterwards was fantastic. If you have any comments or questions we didn't have a chance to discuss feel free to post them here or to send me an email. I will post a link to the webinar recording here as soon as it is available. Thanks again, Connie This e […]
- From missing market incentives to misaligned incentives What is choking India’s rural sanitation progress? - by: Marijn Zandee December 18, 2017Interesting discussion. I have been meaning to write a longer contribution, but can't find the time. So this quick rhetorical question will have to do. I think one issue related to an enabling environment is how well the government (at all levels) holds up "their end of the deal". By which I mean, how well is sewage treatment, pit emptying, FS […]
- Impact of Poor Sanitation on the Height of Children - by: F H Mughal December 18, 2017Dear Mr. Charles, Can you share with us the data on stunting in Tanzania? Also, what is the percentage of open defecation (OD) in Tanzania, and how the government is solving the problem of OD? Regards, F H Mughal
- WaSH & climate change report from COP23 - by: CGenevaux December 18, 2017