This issue contains some of the latest news and announcements about the role of entrepreneurs in providing water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) and household energy products and services. This includes several winners of the Social Entrepreneurs 2012 award by the Schwab Foundation and USAID support for commercializing hand washing and establishing markets for cookstoves in Haiti. Also included is a link to cookstove market assessments by the Global Alliance for Clean Cookstoves, which provide suggestions for removing barriers that prevent the creation of a cookstove market for more than 20 countries.
- Ecological Public Toilets for India? Is it possible? - by: ecoloo March 22, 2018Hi Kevin, Thank you for your valuable questions. Please follow the following link to better understand our system: www.ecoloogroup.com/impact.html Should you have any questions or require further clarifications, kindly revert to us. Thank you again and all the best!
- SACOSAN Pakistan Side Event - Half-Day CLTS Sharing and Learning Workshop - by: STownsend March 22, 2018Half-Day CLTS Sharing and Learning Workshop Date: 10th April 2018 Time: 09:00 - 14:00 Venue: Serena Hotel The CLTS Knowledge Hub, Institute of Development Studies, UNICEF and WSSCC are co-convening a CLTS Sharing and Learning Workshop as part of the SACOSAN VII ConferenceSACOSAN VII Conference in Islamabad, Pakistan. The free event will be an opportunity to […]
- Introducing Tippytap-Kenya - by: tippytap March 22, 2018Greetings i concur that indeed compared to traditional tippy taps the spataps have merits and its the reason we came up with the wash house hand wash facility to be adopted as a standardised facility in schools . . kindly help me understand how in a school setting the spatap stackles the issues of;- - Drainage - overcrowding - soap disapearance and wastage - […]
- Composting system for community toilets - by: muench March 22, 2018Just a small note to explain why I have moved Ben's post into this separate thread (it used to be in one of the vermifilter threads). Dean explained it to me like this: ++++++++ Hi Elisabeth, just to explain, Ben is practicing vermicomposting of feces (the same process as vermicomposting of kitchen waste etc), whereas vermifiltration is a wet composting […]
- Contributing to World Water Day 22 March 2018: help us to improve these 10 Wikipedia articles - by: muench March 22, 2018No, sorry that doesn't help (but thanks anyway), as I was looking for photos about World Water Day celebrations for the World Water Day article (and they have to be under an open access licence). For the Wikipedia article on Nature-based solutions, I already found some good photos within Wikimedia Commons. I have used them now to illustrate the article […]
- Ecological Public Toilets for India? Is it possible? - by: ecoloo March 22, 2018