This issue contains some of the latest news and announcements about the role of entrepreneurs in providing water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) and household energy products and services. This includes several winners of the Social Entrepreneurs 2012 award by the Schwab Foundation and USAID support for commercializing hand washing and establishing markets for cookstoves in Haiti. Also included is a link to cookstove market assessments by the Global Alliance for Clean Cookstoves, which provide suggestions for removing barriers that prevent the creation of a cookstove market for more than 20 countries.
What type of content is most useful for you?
- Re: SaniPath - Assessment of Fecal Exposure Pathways in Low-Income Urban Settings (Emory University, USA) - and appeal to SuSanA members for input - by: sjraj July 21, 2017Hello Henriette, I thought it may helpful to share some of the publications from our work in SaniPath Accra. You can find them below. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions. Public toilets and their customers in low-income Accra, GhaAssessment of Fecal Exposure Pathways in Low-Income Urban Neighborhoods in Accra, Ghana: Rationale, Des […]
- Re: SaniPath - Assessment of Fecal Exposure Pathways in Low-Income Urban Settings (Emory University, USA) - and appeal to SuSanA members for input - by: sjraj July 21, 2017[color=] Hi Elisabeth, Thanks for your message! We have made several updates to the SaniPath Tool since our original post (including a new logo!). Most notably, we have updated the analysis methods for our tool so that we no longer use mean point estimates to estimate risk of exposure to fecal contamination, and now use the distribution of contamination and […]
- Bringing Market Thinking to Humanitarian Response: UK Launch of the Minimum Economic Recover Standards 3rd Edition - by: muench July 21, 2017Hi John and Esther, I am wondering if you could share the presentations from your event in May, or post here how people could find out more about it? I mean this one: Bringing Market Thinking to Humanitarian Response: UK Launch of the Minimum Economic Recover Standards 3rd Edition I guess a follow-up to that launch event is probably the upcoming workshop at […]
- Interested in Container Based Sanitation? Here's what you missed from SanCop... - by: eshaylor July 21, 2017Hello, Are you interested in Container Based Sanitation? Did you miss out on SanCop in April? Were you there and want to get hold of the presentations? Now you can SanCop 19 Follow the link for the presentations and a summary of the day. If you have any questions put them below and I will do my best to get some answers. Regards Esther
- New estimates on safe drinking water, sanitation and hygiene - by: AmyKeegan July 21, 2017We will not be releasing a new report with the data, just uploading it to the WASH map when we have it. TO access the most up to date statistics you can either look at India's country profile - ( washwatch.org/en/countries/india/summary/statistics/ ) or JMP's website ( washdata.org/data#!/ind ) Hopefully these will give some clarity. The countries […]
- Re: SaniPath - Assessment of Fecal Exposure Pathways in Low-Income Urban Settings (Emory University, USA) - and appeal to SuSanA members for input - by: sjraj July 21, 2017