This issue contains some of the latest news and announcements about the role of entrepreneurs in providing water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) and household energy products and services. This includes several winners of the Social Entrepreneurs 2012 award by the Schwab Foundation and USAID support for commercializing hand washing and establishing markets for cookstoves in Haiti. Also included is a link to cookstove market assessments by the Global Alliance for Clean Cookstoves, which provide suggestions for removing barriers that prevent the creation of a cookstove market for more than 20 countries.
What are your sanitation information sources?
- Re: Sustainable Sanitation Alliance receives grant of $2.7 million to further develop its global knowledge platform - by: JKMakowka January 21, 2017At the moment SuSanA still feels a bit "Web 1.0" and I think we discussed before that options for more user interactions beyond the regular forum might be nice. I think some people have also expressed previously that a easy to use micro-blogging platform would be nice to have for people to reflect on their work or recent developments in the sanitat […]
- Re: We have a mobile version of the forum for smartphones and tablets - Further improvements (and what about an App?) - by: JKMakowka January 21, 2017You can actually have automatic notifications etc. on new forum topics/replies with a RSS reader. There is a little orange "wifi" looking icon on the bottom that links to the subscribe page (which is actually incorrect use of the RSS icon, but not a big deal). On that subscribe page you will find a RSS feed link a bit hidden: feeds.feedburner.com/s […]
- Re: Best decentralized treatment solution for a city without a centralized sewage system? (Question about Kabul, Afghanistan) - by: Bhaskar January 21, 2017CSE India documented select case studies that present innovative, sustainable and affordable ways treating the sewage locally including reuse/recycle. www.cseindia.org/node/3798
- Re: Best decentralized treatment solution for a city without a centralized sewage system? (Question about Kabul, Afghanistan) - by: Marijn Zandee January 21, 2017Dear Qasem, With so little information regarding the poorly functioning projects you mention it will be very hard for anyone to advise you concretely. I am sure you are aware of the fact that the BORDA systems, and practically all other low-tech approaches depend on natural (bacterial) processes. Since such processes slow down considerably with lower tempera […]
- Re: We have a mobile version of the forum for smartphones and tablets - Further improvements (and what about an App?) - by: DianeKellogg January 20, 2017Easy. Great instructions, Elisabeth. The pull down menu choice for my Android phone was "Add to Home Screen."
- Re: Sustainable Sanitation Alliance receives grant of $2.7 million to further develop its global knowledge platform - by: JKMakowka January 21, 2017
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites