This issue contains some of the latest news and announcements about the role of entrepreneurs in providing water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) and household energy products and services. This includes several winners of the Social Entrepreneurs 2012 award by the Schwab Foundation and USAID support for commercializing hand washing and establishing markets for cookstoves in Haiti. Also included is a link to cookstove market assessments by the Global Alliance for Clean Cookstoves, which provide suggestions for removing barriers that prevent the creation of a cookstove market for more than 20 countries.
What type of content is most useful for you?
- 8th World Water Forum in Brasilia, Brazil - by: CeciliaRodrigues August 21, 2017Dear SuSanA community, The 8th World Water Forum will be taking place in Brazil in March 18 - 23, 2018 and it is the first time that the conference is taking place in the Southern Hemisphere. The World Water Forum is organized in nine themes (CLIMATE, URBAN, SHARING, PEOPLE, ECOSYSTEMS, CAPACITY, DEVELOPMENT, FINANCE, GOVERNANCE) and a call is open until Wed […]
- New Study from Bangladesh - finds CLTS ineffective without subsidies - by: F H Mughal August 21, 2017In his blog, AZM Anas, writing under the caption How Dhaka won the fight against open defecation and improved public health citiscope.org/story/2017/how-dhaka-won-f...886ae27d03-118055621 says: NGOs worked closely with the government and used their grassroots networks to build sanitary latrines in infomal settlements like the Sattola area of Dhaka. Volunteer […]
- New WASH'Nutrition practical guidebook (Action Contre la Faim) - by: muench August 21, 2017Dear Joachim, Thanks a lot for reminding people of Working Group 12 of this important publication. In case anyone has comments or questions about this publication, please put them in this other thread on the forum where we had commented on this publication previously after Claire told us about it in December 2016: forum.susana.org/286-capacity-developmen...n […]
- Re: Why don't we see much pits made out of car tires ? - by: cecile August 21, 2017This is amazingly simple.! Whilst there is such a focus on innovative and affordable technologies, research should be undertaken to evaluate the effectiveness, cost and environmental impact of such a technology. Kris and Elizabeth you are both right, many questions are yet to be answered. The video posted by Ben is no more available, however, the website of […]
- New WASH'Nutrition practical guidebook (Action Contre la Faim) - by: jpeeters August 21, 2017Dear members of Working Group 12, I am pleased to share with you the new guidebook published by Action Contre la Faim in early 2017: WASH’Nutrition - A practical guidebook on increasing nutritional impact through integration of WASH and Nutrition programs, for practitioners in humanitarian and development contexts. This guidebook has been prepared by Action […]
- 8th World Water Forum in Brasilia, Brazil - by: CeciliaRodrigues August 21, 2017