This issue contains some of the latest news and announcements about the role of entrepreneurs in providing water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) and household energy products and services. This includes several winners of the Social Entrepreneurs 2012 award by the Schwab Foundation and USAID support for commercializing hand washing and establishing markets for cookstoves in Haiti. Also included is a link to cookstove market assessments by the Global Alliance for Clean Cookstoves, which provide suggestions for removing barriers that prevent the creation of a cookstove market for more than 20 countries.
- Overflows from Combined Sewers - by: F H Mughal May 20, 2018Overflows from Combined Sewers Wikipedia gives the definition of combined sewers as: A combined sewer is a sewage collection system of pipes and tunnels designed to also collect surface runoff. This type of gravity sewer design is no longer used in building new communities (because current design separates sanitary sewers from runoff), but many older cities […]
- Impact of drinking water, sanitation and handwashing with soap on childhood diarrhoeal disease - by: F H Mughal May 20, 2018Impact of drinking water, sanitation and handwashing with soap on childhood diarrhoeal disease It is somewhat not quite common to have a star-studded paper (meaning that the authors are great names in water and sanitation) – the great names, I’m referring to, are: Jennyfer Wolf, Annette Pruss-Ustun, Jamie Bartram, Sophie Bonjour, Valerie Curtis, Jennifer De […]
- London Sewer-Clogging Fatbergs - by: F H Mughal May 20, 2018Yes, I agree with your views. In addition, I think the current life style in Britain and the plastic problem has its share of creating sanitary problems. F H Mughal
- anaerobic wastewater treatment plant design (UASB) - by: F H Mughal May 20, 2018Attached is a publication on anaerobic reactors. Sec: 5.2 gives the design of USAB Enjoy! F H Mughal
- London Sewer-Clogging Fatbergs - by: SusannahClemence May 20, 2018Hence the value of recording traditional technologies, cultures and habits of menstrual management. They may contain ideas transferable to struggling European waste management systems.
- Overflows from Combined Sewers - by: F H Mughal May 20, 2018