This issue contains some of the latest news and announcements about the role of entrepreneurs in providing water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) and household energy products and services. This includes several winners of the Social Entrepreneurs 2012 award by the Schwab Foundation and USAID support for commercializing hand washing and establishing markets for cookstoves in Haiti. Also included is a link to cookstove market assessments by the Global Alliance for Clean Cookstoves, which provide suggestions for removing barriers that prevent the creation of a cookstove market for more than 20 countries.
- Contributing to World Water Day 22 March 2018: help us to improve these 10 Wikipedia articles - by: Decentral March 18, 2018Re: Improving the water pollution article Hello to all participants, I did read the article and find it very comprehensive; considering the example of Elisabeth, may be the lead part could be improved. It is nice that a young colleague has volunteered to do so and I would like to encourage her. May be my comments would help: 1. Comment 1: the definition of p […]
- Vermi-Trickling Filters (or vermifilters) for Sewage Treatment (looking for help to design) - by: BPopov March 18, 2018Hi Ben! Thanks for sharing your practical experience! Do you think that 95 l bins used for collection are too small for vermicomposting right in them witout decanting to the bigger bin? Could you please share what kind of urine separtion interface do you have? Best, Bogdan
- Ecological Public Toilets for India? Is it possible? - by: DavidAlan March 18, 2018Hello Kevin, we have just built our 5,000th UDDT toilet in India. these are a mixture of family, community and schools. We have very good results with (of targeted users after three years) 95% of families, 90% community and 99% schools using their toilets. Our community toilets are a container based system. Yes, you have to train people, but this comes back […]
- Interested in urinals for females? Check out the new Wikipedia article - by: BPopov March 18, 2018Hello Elisabeth! Thanks for the link! It is interesting to learn female urinals appeared so long ago. The urine collecting for nutrient reuse is not highlighted though. Best, Bogdan
- Vermi-Trickling Filters (or vermifilters) for Sewage Treatment (looking for help to design) - by: Benno March 18, 2018Hi Bogdan and Dean … We use a urine separating batch system that collects the solid contributions in either a 17 gallon / 65 liter or 25 gallon / 95 liter rectangular bin. When this bin fills, we decant it into a larger sequestering bin that has been adapted to have a vented false floor to maintain aerobic conditions at all depths. Because the urine has been […]
- Contributing to World Water Day 22 March 2018: help us to improve these 10 Wikipedia articles - by: Decentral March 18, 2018