For Global Handwashing Day 2012, this Weekly issue contains a literature review of 2012 handwashing studies that was compiled by the Global Public-Private Partnership on Handwashing. The review summarizes studies on the health impacts of handwashing, handwashing behavior, hand contamination and provides recommendations for implementers of handwashing programs.
- What is the secret to SuSanA's success? - by: eendres January 19, 2018From what I've seen, this forum might be the most successful and active discussion forum I've come across in the "development" space. As a former WASH practitioner, I found this community extremely useful. I now work in the health sector on an initiative called the Center for Health Market Innovations (healthmarketinnovations.org). I thin […]
- Introducing new WG 5 co-lead: Daniel Ddiba - by: ECOlaTRINE January 19, 2018Dear Daniel Thank you for your introduction which really address ECOlaTRINE's concerns. We are a very small self-funded company in South Africa who believes in a "waste to value product" principle - especially in an African context/ environment. Although I'm active in the WG4, it doesn't address the turnkey solutions for water, sanit […]
- any interest in new technologies?(specially imported one) - by: Akshay14 January 19, 2018To, Mr. Carol hydroclone was the clone copy of aquatron, but Mr. thammarat doesn't know about aquatron. it is like "two minds one thought" i also don't know much about the system. but by looking at pictures and his videos i get know that he uses septic tanks for treatment. hydroclone only reducing the time for settling solid and liquid in […]
- Expression of Interest for 78 FSTPs in Andhra Pradesh, India - by: sanjana January 19, 2018About 70 per cent of Urban Indian households have on-site sanitation systems. The sludge and septage generated in these on-site facilities is desludged by private operators and indiscriminately discharged in water bodies and on open land causing public health and environmental crisis. In response to this situation, national and state governments in India hav […]
- Regular septic tanks vs Biodigester septic tanks - by: bachmanna January 19, 2018While their are some designs on this website ... this site is incomplete and a lot of sections have just filler text. Is this website still in construction?
- What is the secret to SuSanA's success? - by: eendres January 19, 2018