For Global Handwashing Day 2012, this Weekly issue contains a literature review of 2012 handwashing studies that was compiled by the Global Public-Private Partnership on Handwashing. The review summarizes studies on the health impacts of handwashing, handwashing behavior, hand contamination and provides recommendations for implementers of handwashing programs.
What are your sanitation information sources?
- Re: Best decentralized treatment solution for a city without a centralized sewage system? (Question about Kabul, Afghanistan) - by: Marijn Zandee January 21, 2017Dear Qasem, With so little information regarding the poorly functioning projects you mention it will be very hard for anyone to advise you concretely. I am sure you are aware of the fact that the BORDA systems, and practically all other low-tech approaches depend on natural (bacterial) processes. Since such processes slow down considerably with lower tempera […]
- Re: We have a mobile version of the forum for smartphones and tablets - Further improvements (and what about an App?) - by: DianeKellogg January 20, 2017Easy. Great instructions, Elisabeth. The pull down menu choice for my Android phone was "Add to Home Screen."
- Re: We have a mobile version of the forum for smartphones and tablet computers - Further improvements - by: ruthmiskelly January 20, 2017Thanks Elisabeth! Having this shortcut on my phone is going to remind me to log in and keep up to date with the discussions on the forum! (visual prompts always help behaviour change! ) Just to add, for those with iphones, once you log into the mobile version of the site a prompt appears at the bottom of the screen which you can click on to "Add to home […]
- Re: We have a mobile version of the forum for smartphones and tablet computers - Further improvements - by: muench January 20, 2017By the way, this is how the SuSanA Discussion Forum is present on my mobile phone, see the light green icon in the middle of the screen: It looks like an App, doesn't it? It's not. It's simply a shortcut to the mobile version of the website. How to get this shortcut icon onto your phone? Take your phone and go to the internet and put in www.fo […]
- Sanitation Action Summit, 18 November 2016, Mumbai, India: Reflections - by: Sanchita January 20, 2017To support and accelerate the objectives of the Swachh Bharat Mission India, the Water Supply and Sanitation Collaborative Council (WSSCC) along with Global Citizen India, the Government of India, and the Government of Maharashtra, created a platform for listening and learning during the Sanitation Action Summit held in Mumbai on 18 November 2016. The summit […]
- Re: Best decentralized treatment solution for a city without a centralized sewage system? (Question about Kabul, Afghanistan) - by: Marijn Zandee January 21, 2017
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites