For Global Handwashing Day 2012, this Weekly issue contains a literature review of 2012 handwashing studies that was compiled by the Global Public-Private Partnership on Handwashing. The review summarizes studies on the health impacts of handwashing, handwashing behavior, hand contamination and provides recommendations for implementers of handwashing programs.
- Solar treatment of feces? - by: hajo February 17, 2018Hi Tore, by coincidence I just returned from Namibia where we ran some trials heating/drying FS from Otji-UDDTs. We put a black 90L container with cover and containing about 40 L FS into a metal lined box (approx. 1 x 1 x1 m3) covered with a glass and into the glaring Namibian sun. We measured temperatures in the box, in the container and in the FS and had t […]
- Renaming and updating the WG7 in light of Agenda2030 - by: scottchen February 17, 2018Claudia: Sustainable WASH and Gender Equality in Institutions, is better, I think. SDGs should be the first priority for all countries. best wishes Scott
- PooPac: Using Oyster Mushrooms to stop human faeces smelling in UDDTs - A Masters Thesis - by: joshuaurieli February 17, 2018Thanks for the comment Tore. The oyster mushroom fruit is edible and highly nutritious. Theoretically the fruit of oyster mushrooms used for treating human faeces could be eaten. Source: www.smithymushrooms.co.uk/ However there are some practical issues with the idea: - Ensuring that the oyster mushroom fruit is well cleaned - Ensuring that no pharmaceutical […]
- Postgraduate programme in water and sanitation in Australia, Canada, America - by: isaacaleminaa February 16, 2018Hello Dr Elizabeth Thank you so much for the response.
- WASH in Schools: - by: isaacaleminaa February 16, 2018Dear Dr Elizabeth, Sorry am reply very late. I actually did not see the message. I wish you could help me re shape my thesis proposal, thank you
- Solar treatment of feces? - by: hajo February 17, 2018